• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Versus Mode Bug Report #1

CANUEF

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2020
Features and imbalances that are not present in the mode:
  • Versus mode does not allow you to open other difficulties than normal.
  • There is no chance of ever spawning Cyst, E.D.A.R, the little green creature.
  • If the FP and SC do not attack, they can cause damage to people without making an attack.
  • Because zed allies are so easily influenced by other zed movements, he constantly eats stun.
  • There are attack icons and unidentified bosses, as there is no ability to play with other bosses.
  • You can't be the boss other than the Patriarch. [Hans, Fleshpound, Abomination and Matriach]
  • Spiders have a high probability of being stunned for a long time and do not secrete gas when they die.
  • The last survivor never dies, because he needs to break down the door, but because it is constantly caused by the back, we are punished for not attacking for a certain time and die on our own.
Detected errors:
  • In boss battle, when someone enters, there is no zed icon.
20211122220050_1.jpg
  • Her animation stutters when the Patriarch takes certain or irregular damage.
  • The game does not allow you to customize your character when you are ZED.
  • Opposition ZED parties can initiate a trader-skip vote, and this is undesirable.
  • A person with a Boner Crusher is almost unaffected by the boss missiles when in defense mode.
  • It has the ability to use ready-made messages during ZED, but there are audio errors when an extra spawn is made.
  • When Alpha Clot is caught in a grab attack, there is almost no chance of getting rid of it. In particular, such advantages as this Berserker should not be affected by the grab attack, but it will not work.
My own thoughts:
  • ZEDS should now have a level system.
  • The ability to choose the zed we want.
  • The amount of ZED should be slightly increased.
  • Ordinary zeds die very easily because they walk normally, they need to run.
  • The normal difficulty should now hard be kept constant at the difficult level.
  • The sum of the damage caused by the zeds should be added to the team score.
  • The possibility of choosing a boss now results in a vote the person with the most votes becomes the boss or they can withdraw from the vote by clicking on the random button.
  • Now he has to force you to change if he finds someone with the same advantages. 6 people should not allow to use the same advantage. Because 3 medics, 2 berserkers and a demo are really playing with balance.
If someone else discovers a bug, they can report it here or open a thread, this is the latest update of the topic.
Update Final 24/11/2021

Last edited:
Frankly, I know the developers won't even look at this issue. However, if this mod was really updated, I'm sure it would be the most popular mod. I have suggestions for balance.
ZED:
  • The person who does the most damage becomes the boss without question.
  • Zeds can no longer jump very high.
  • There is a possibility to choose the zed she wants.
People:
  • Starter dosh is 1000.
  • The weapon development system is disabled for Versus Mode.
  • The starting armor must be completely removed.
There aren't many suggestions. It will become clearer what will be seen on the test server and what will be changed and what will not. I usually play Versus Mode in the evenings. These are the mistakes I have seen and noticed. Especially in normal mode, only 13 zeds are spawned if you are single. If you are lucky, you have a chance to spawn more than 2 times.

Upvote 0
At this time, the mode is not getting additions to it. The playerbase let us know that they did not want resources spent on this game mode.
  • Opposition ZED parties can initiate merchant voting but humans cannot vote.
Then remove it, that's all I can say because there are problems with attack cooldown rates, zed jumping too high, low dosh win rates, low zed wave. If you really care about my opinion, their zed should have a level system.I can say that this is a kind of balance. If you want an example:
Siren
  • 5 Level
  1. Siren now grabs for longer with its special power (grab).
  2. The siren is 25% less affected by such damage as a bomb.
  • 10 Level
  1. Siren now has a chance to damage Armor when using the shout sound.
  2. Siren no longer affects actions such as stun.
  • +++
As for the prestige system of these zeds, it might be a common system. Everyone can choose the zed they want, their bosses may have a level system, but you can still make the bosses start randomly. I don't care who gives what feedback, it feels like they're begging for something to be nerfed or buffed. Just give it a chance, I'm sure everyone will love this mod and they will want to play it every night. That's all I have to say hasn't been touched since 2017 but...*sigh*

Upvote 0
LOL.. Nobody plays this game mode, nobody want resources spent in this game mode, and TWI staff already confirmed you that it's not gonna happen.

If you want to play it, you'll have to play it as is.
The reason nobody plays this mod is because it hasn't been touched since 2017. Let's go through everything, at least fix the detected errors. Buddha is an option, because there are still active players playing and sometimes when the server is full of 12 people, I have to watch it, but on the good side, it is a pleasure to watch tea and cookies eating.

Yes, for anything that has been abandoned and hasn't received any improvement, it's obvious why one shouldn't play it.

Upvote 0
LOL.. Nobody plays this game mode, nobody want resources spent in this game mode, and TWI staff already confirmed you that it's not gonna happen.

If you want to play it, you'll have to play it as is.
When reading these comments I thought this as well. I then had a look at my stats (https://stats.mtreadwell.com/) i run two instances of VS mode. Turns out it is a quiet popular.

Having said that good luck getting anything changed. TWI aren't even fixing bugs that allows the servers to be allow UDP amplification DDOS's. https://forums.tripwireinteractive....s-defense-with-the-help-of-firewalld.2337631/

Upvote 0
When reading these comments I thought this as well. I then had a look at my stats (https://stats.mtreadwell.com/) i run two instances of VS mode. Turns out it is a quiet popular.

Having said that good luck getting anything changed. TWI aren't even fixing bugs that allows the servers to be allow UDP amplification DDOS's. https://forums.tripwireinteractive....s-defense-with-the-help-of-firewalld.2337631/
Tbf it got a bit more popular, once some more popular figures in kf2 community (at least from discord side) started playing versus more frequently, and shared their game recordings of their wacky moments and what not.

But yeh, the game mode was doomed from the very begining of its announcement, when player base wasn't trilled on a pvp idea for a coop pve game.

Upvote 0
Tbf it got a bit more popular, once some more popular figures in kf2 community (at least from discord side) started playing versus more frequently, and shared their game recordings of their wacky moments and what not.

But yeh, the game mode was doomed from the very begining of its announcement, when player base wasn't trilled on a pvp idea for a coop pve game.

Imo a sizeable part of the playerbase would have liked the mode if TWI spent a few more days developing and balancing it or at least let players mod it. In fact, VS mode was very popular in L4D2 and it was a common ask from friends coming from L4D2 if KF would have a similar mode, but every time we've tried this mode it was just a buggy unbalanced mess where zed players can spawnkilled by a team of medics with hemoclobber. Unfortunately some of the bugs mentioned by OP are not trivial to fix and it's clear that the network engine in KF2 is too limited for PvP anyway. So, while I agree with OP that it's sad to see so much potential go to waste, I also agree that TWI should not spend effort there.

Upvote 0
Imo a sizeable part of the playerbase would have liked the mode if TWI spent a few more days developing and balancing it or at least let players mod it. In fact, VS mode was very popular in L4D2 and it was a common ask from friends coming from L4D2 if KF would have a similar mode, but every time we've tried this mode it was just a buggy unbalanced mess where zed players can spawnkilled by a team of medics with hemoclobber. Unfortunately some of the bugs mentioned by OP are not trivial to fix and it's clear that the network engine in KF2 is too limited for PvP anyway. So, while I agree with OP that it's sad to see so much potential go to waste, I also agree that TWI should not spend effort there.
They especially sought the chance to be one of the other bosses everywhere. Workshop, manual files etc. But I can say this..uhm hans, if they had a chance to be kingfleshpound, abomination and matriarch, I'm sure everyone would love it. While I agree with what you're saying, people like innovation and change.

Just give this mod a try once. If players can fully enjoy this mod, they will also enjoy the game. Tell me how long will you play until a map in the 4/7/10 wave? Again, players want innovation and change.

Upvote 0
Most of these are feature requests or require a more intense reworking of the mode and versus is not getting revisited at this time.
I know making games is not an easy thing to develop. However, instead of publishing maps from the workshop, I think you'd better spend a little bit of your intensity on this mode.Because the updates you make are usually almost copy-paste except dlc. Yes, I liked the DLC weapons, it makes sense, but I can consider the latest dosh simulator, the dlc weapon, as the bad most update in the world I've seen.

I would appreciate if you forward my comments to other developers. The player base may have told him to focus on new weapons and maps, but as I said, what you're doing right now is copy-paste.

Upvote 0