• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Version Mismatches and You

It may not look very elegant but how about prefixing the mutator name with the original creation (or perhaps current release) date? Like for example:

120505_Bastard_001.u

That way at least it's very unlikely that someone will make a package with the same name on the exact same date you decide to make one.

It also means that you know a) how long the mod has been going (if you use the original date) or b) how recent your version is.

I agree, I think I will do this ^^

Upvote 0
Of course you have to edit the class files to point to the new package. You asked if the classes needed to be renamed.

If it was pointing to 'ModA.Class1' and you renamed the package to ModB then any class that referenced 'ModA' has to changed to 'ModB'. This is why modders get annoyed when people that don't know what their doing edit their work.

EDIT - That wasn't meant at a dig at you persay.

Upvote 0
Of course you have to edit the class files to point to the new package. You asked if the classes needed to be renamed.

If it was pointing to 'ModA.Class1' and you renamed the package to ModB then any class that referenced 'ModA' has to changed to 'ModB'. This is why modders get annoyed when people that don't know what their doing edit their work.

EDIT - That wasn't meant at a dig at you persay.

lolk, thanks.

Upvote 0