• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Version Mismatches and You

Josko

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2012
It may not look very elegant but how about prefixing the mutator name with the original creation (or perhaps current release) date? Like for example:

120505_Bastard_001.u

That way at least it's very unlikely that someone will make a package with the same name on the exact same date you decide to make one.

It also means that you know a) how long the mod has been going (if you use the original date) or b) how recent your version is.

I agree, I think I will do this ^^

Zemedy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2012
So you just rename the package file name? Or both the package name and the class file names

Zemedy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2012
After only changing package file name and not class, I get unresolved refrence to classes. Guess I DO have to change the the files in the class folders name >_>

Gartley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 27, 2010
UK
www.wildcardproductionstudios.co.uk
Of course you have to edit the class files to point to the new package. You asked if the classes needed to be renamed.

If it was pointing to 'ModA.Class1' and you renamed the package to ModB then any class that referenced 'ModA' has to changed to 'ModB'. This is why modders get annoyed when people that don't know what their doing edit their work.

EDIT - That wasn't meant at a dig at you persay.

Zemedy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2012
Of course you have to edit the class files to point to the new package. You asked if the classes needed to be renamed.

If it was pointing to 'ModA.Class1' and you renamed the package to ModB then any class that referenced 'ModA' has to changed to 'ModB'. This is why modders get annoyed when people that don't know what their doing edit their work.

EDIT - That wasn't meant at a dig at you persay.
lolk, thanks.

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
lolk, thanks.

To add onto Gartley's input. Using a program like Windows Grep or Notepad++ will save you alot of time and effort as they allow you to search for words/phrases (Ex: ModA.) and after it finds all the references to your search, you can instantly change all results to another word (Ex: ModB).

Zemedy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2012
To add onto Gartley's input. Using a program like Windows Grep or Notepad++ will save you alot of time and effort as they allow you to search for words/phrases (Ex: ModA.) and after it finds all the references to your search, you can instantly change all results to another word (Ex: ModB).
Thanks mate, and yeah I use Notepad++ it's so epic :)