• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vehicles in general

robs91

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 20, 2006
I know there are tanks, but personally i don't like them, their to slow for me (but u never know, i might when i get my hands on ROOST!). But what other vehicles are there? Halftracks look really fun to move in on the battlefield, but how about jeeps? Also i saw a pic of a dude spewing in the halftrack, but i presume thats an idle animation. :D

u cant compare the vehicles in UO to tanks in roost
i also was a big fan of vcod and i HATED the tanks in UO
but i really love the tanks in roost
ur dead without infantry u havnt got a 3rd person view and u can only look throught hatches and windows in the tank
so normally ur blind to the back of ur tank
and if u open a hatch to get some overview and som e neemy infantry is around u ur dead ^^

Upvote 0
While there are many tanks, they are of all different shapes, sizes, and speeds. Try them out and see which one suits your style. Here's a quickie breakdown of the different beasts:

Heavy tanks are slower moving but have heavy armor and high-powered cannons:
  • PzVI Tiger
  • IS-2 Stalin
Late War Medium Tanks which have a good balance of firepower, armor and speed. These two below are frequently viewed as the best tanks of the entire war in any theatre.
  • T-34 85
  • Pz V Panther
Early War Medium Tanks which had good firepower and armor for their time. They don't do so well against late war medium and heav tanks, of course.
  • T-34 76
  • KV-1
  • Pz IV
  • Pz III
Assault Guns which were designed largely for infantry support and tank-busting. They have no turret- only a cannon with a limited traverse - but reload much quicker than regular tanks since there's more room to work.
  • Su-76
  • StuG III
Light Tanks, which move fast and can do some damage against infantry and early war medium tanks. Their thin armor doesn't protect much against tank fire, but used effectively they are little demons.
  • T-60
Infantry Support Armor is fast and features a machine gun - however they do not hold up well under tank fire. They can certainly wreak havoc on enemy infantry, however, and get you where you need to go much faster than on foot.
  • BA-64 Armored Car
  • Kfz 251 Armored Halftrack (can carry 6+ people)

Upvote 0