• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vehicle Improvements, movement etc

gonzman

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Melbourne Australia
Well, This is more of a question than a request or an idea, I'm thinking, RO has had the infantry combat down pretty well for a while now, and the tanks are only new, but they could sure as damn hell use an injection of juicy physics and realistic movement, even the transports are sluggish and don't react to anything in the environment except for slopes. (Insta rolling the russian mini car is awsome!)

It's one thing about RO i've heard others say (And i often agree) the RO devs have created a nice infantry combat sim, The tanks are a huge letdown, after you get over the fact that shooting and armor etc is pretty realistic there's still alot missing, the tanks lack physics, they actually remind me of controlling the default tank in UT2004! bulky unresponsive and pretty boring in fact, I know real tanks don't all react this way, theres alot of complexity to their movement and reaction that isn't modelled, it's all so very basic in the lands of RO and Id' love to see major improvements in the area of driving physics and realism, even the often mentioned manual transmission.

A few things just pop into mind, different top speeds for different surfaces, different sounds and things depending on the surface being travelled, getting track slippage/stuck in the mud etc, Realistic turning times and stopping times from turning (currently its damn near instant), more realistic engine RPM and starter motors, fuel/fuel leakage due to damage, head/camera rolling/movement when getting hit/going over bumps, there's so many things.

Heres what I'd like, If anyone has any other suggestions and ideas about what tanks in RO need to compete with the infantry in the realism scale list them!