• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vaulting causes invisibility

DJSupaMonkey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2021
I wanted to report a bug I have been seeing for a couple of days. I have noticed that while playing as the VietCong, the "mantle over object" appears to have a bug. I am not sure how to replicate this bug, but I have seen it at least two times.

Basically, when you vault, sometimes the character bugs out. No big deal, the game resets the character. VERY RARELY, I have vaulted over something and instantly my character begins to jitter and jolt around. I also constantly hear my feet hitting the ground, as if I am jumping. This happens for the remainder of the life.

The KICKER of this bug is invisibility. When this bug occurs, the enemy team seems to have no way of seeing me. As such, I am able to go DIRECTLY IN FRONT of the enemy and kill entire squads, and they have no idea where I am at. I have not died from gunfire while this bug occurs, and I am not sure if there is a way to actually be killed.

On one occasion, the game fixed the character after about a minute of this bug, and I was placed in the location I attempted the vault. On the most recent occurrence, I was able to survive for 5 minutes to hold off a final objective, and they had no chance because they could not see my character.

PLEASE look into this bug as soon as possible. It is incredibly overpowered and allows one soldier to single-handedly turn the tide of a battle.

I will work on finding video footage of this bug taking place. I have encountered it on multiple servers, including on TripWire Interactive Official games.

Thank you!
Alex