• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vault Precious Weapon Skins

Cannonaire

Grizzled Veteran
  • Jul 12, 2013
    steamcommunity.com
    Most of the weapons in the game have a Vault Precious skin, but there are a select few that don't which just makes things feel... incomplete. (It would also be really nice if Vault crates couldn't give you something currently in your inventory unless you have it all, but I digress...) Probably a low priority development wise, but the following weapons could use Vault Precious skins:

Standard:
    M99
    Goreshiv

DLC: (Note that some DLC weapons do have Vault Precious skins, like the Rhino)
    Minigun
    Frost Fang
    Blunderbuss
    Mine Reconstructor
    Glock 18C
    Mosin Nagant
    Compound Bow
    Riot Shield & Glock 18

And obviously none of the HRG weapons have Vault Precious skins, but I expect that's intentional and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I'm personally feeling a bit annoyed by "precious" weapon skins... I find quite cheesy, even childish. Yeah, I thought it was cool to have a gold-plated deagle in Call of Duty 4 when I was twelve. Now it just feels impractical and lazy. But to each his own I guess. I just struggle to find it "cool" anymore.

And speaking of HRG weaponry... I would actually love for them to have skins. Not necessarily "precious" ones considering what I just said. But I believe you should be able to customize them if you so desire. And in order to avoid confusion, simply make it so you cannot use the same skin for the vlad and the nailgun for example. I believe it would make the HRG weapons much more appealing. Because most of them are quite good, but they're just a sight for sore eyes.

Upvote 0
    I'm personally feeling a bit annoyed by "precious" weapon skins... I find quite cheesy, even childish. Yeah, I thought it was cool to have a gold-plated deagle in Call of Duty 4 when I was twelve. Now it just feels impractical and lazy. But to each his own I guess. I just struggle to find it "cool" anymore.

And speaking of HRG weaponry... I would actually love for them to have skins. Not necessarily "precious" ones considering what I just said. But I believe you should be able to customize them if you so desire. And in order to avoid confusion, simply make it so you cannot use the same skin for the vlad and the nailgun for example. I believe it would make the HRG weapons much more appealing. Because most of them are quite good, but they're just a sight for sore eyes.
    Skins for HRG have been in the game for a long time, since the Yuletide Horror update. I remind Jaeger in style, called Specter Skin Pack. It is a pity that they are racked as DLC

Upvote 0
    Skins for HRG have been in the game for a long time, since the Yuletide Horror update. I remind Jaeger in style, called Specter Skin Pack. It is a pity that they are racked as DLC
    Uuuh, are we talking about the same thing? Because I remember that when the first HRGs dropped (with the "Grim Treatments" update I think?), you could apply skins (I remember using my VLAD Crawler skin on the Nailgun) but it was quickly removed. I haven't seen any other skins for the HRG weapons ever since.

Sorry to be that guy, but do you have anything to back up your claim? A screenshot, a youtube video, anything?

Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

And just for the record, I'm not too impatient for more skins. I just like having a complete collection, and Vault Precious is very close to completion.
    Okay ! I wasn't aware of that at all. But that explains why they didn't want us to reuse our skins for the HRG...

Maybe I'm seeing the devil everywhere, but it's yet another low-move from Tripwire IMO. They fully know that most of us are disappointed with how the HRG guns looks, even if it's done in order to save time and ressources. So putting skins behind a paywall is a bit too easy.

Meh.

Thanks for clarifying tho !

Upvote 0