• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vault Crates

Balthrul

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 10, 2019
Can you guys take a break from your microtransaction and merch making, and fix the vault crates not being rewarded?.... how is this not fixed yet guys? This has been a VERY WELL KNOWN problem since launch.. I have racked up dozens upon dozens of crates and not gotten any of them. Is buying them the only way forward now or what? C'mon.

Another thing. Can you add the "no duplicates"-feature to the vault crates? I had to salvage and resalvage way more than 100 items allready.
If you ask me, scrap the crates and just use the vault-dosh to purchase items. That way you don't need the distinction between tradable and untradable stuff. Just make some items more expensive than other.
Want a headband? 50.000 Dosh please. Want a mint-grade hozine-type rifle skin? 500.000 or whatevs.

Upvote 0
The no duplicate for Vault crates has been asked right when the system went live. To this day no positive response, and I guess they'll never do it because it would require them to dedicate more hardware on their back-end to keep track of this in game free items. There's no real point for them to do that.

You'll never see money items getting available through the in-game Vault Dosh. It is very easy to 'generate' Vault dosh if you're "smart", and this would deny them of one of their money income (market). Or you mean using Vault Dosh for Vault Dosh items only (probably but it wasn't clear to me)?

Upvote 0
The no duplicate for Vault crates has been asked right when the system went live. To this day no positive response, and I guess they'll never do it because it would require them to dedicate more hardware on their back-end to keep track of this in game free items. There's no real point for them to do that.

You'll never see money items getting available through the in-game Vault Dosh. It is very easy to 'generate' Vault dosh if you're "smart", and this would deny them of one of their money income (market). Or you mean using Vault Dosh for Vault Dosh items only (probably but it wasn't clear to me)?

Either works. Vault Dosh for Vault items only or maybe older cosmetics slowly shifting into the vault-available category. There would be ways to make this reasonable. At the very least, rid us of the 150+ vault crates, resulting in like 3-4 new items and an effective 300+ recycle steps.

Upvote 0