• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC [v1080 beta] zeds can block new battering ram and avoid knockdown

LolzMan1325

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Category: Code

Reproducibility: Sometimes

Summary: zeds can block a player performing battering ram and not get knocked down

Description:

In the first beta, battering ram was reworked slightly to deal some bludgeon damage while also knocking them down like before. It seems that on higher difficulties, if a player runs into a zed and that zed meets the criteria for a block in that particular moment, they can and will block battering ram and not get knocked down at all.

I don't believe this has always been an issue, because to my understanding the addition of bludgeon damage makes zeds block (because their block conditions require some form of incoming damage).

I also don't believe this has anything to do with the 5-zed knockdown limit, as if you were to run into a group of trash zeds, they now die from the bludgeon damage instead of getting knocked down and contributing to the limit.

I notice this happening most often with bloats, if not only with bloats. You'll run through a group of trash with battering ram, they all die from the bludgeon damage, but when you get to the bloat, he stops you in your tracks with his block, but might still be taking the bludgeon damage because I still hear the sound of the hit.