• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

v1038... how to make sharps even worse than before

Gladius

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
- The railgun became even more overpowered then it initially was. 6pHoE FP are decapped now in 2 hits even without Rack em Up bonus.

- Railgun ammo is still dirt cheap with 25 dosh. This needs to become very expensive so that it needs to be funded by a team that actually wants SC/FP trivialized.

- EBR stun is now practically gone it seems to me after a first test. Not much players will be willing and able to takedown FP with 14 headshots. I do think removing the stun on the EBR is a good idea but the gun needs more damage then.

Overall that "rebalance" of sharps is a complete fail so far.

The M99 is far from being useless in KF1. It requires skill to make enough dosh with the 9mm and not to be dependent on funding by the team. And being self sufficient with the M99 is absolutely possible. It just doesn't go good together with the fact that the M99 is not the favourite gun of people who are skilled enough for it. If you want that big noob cannon that just takes SC/FP away without any effort and makes the game boring... here you go KF2. You got your railgun very "useful".

And yes, with ballistic shock taken into account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's always funny to see how people immediately complain about an update once it breaks their usage of perks out of its initial comfort-zone. You may as well do some testing before complaining.

If you have ballistic shock equipped, you can very well handle scrakes on your own on 6p hoe if you got a good aim - he'll eventually get stunned. (Does not take as many shots as you might think)
^ However that takes skill. And that's what HoE is about. If you can't handle it go play on normal.

Upvote 0
Domi_y0;n2257559 said:
It's always funny to see how people immediately complain about an update once it breaks their usage of perks out of its initial comfort-zone. You may as well do some testing before complaining.

If you have ballistic shock equipped, you can very well handle scrakes on your own on 6p hoe if you got a good aim - he'll eventually get stunned. (Does not take as many shots as you might think)
^ However that takes skill. And that's what HoE is about. If you can't handle it go play on normal.

It's just that ballistic shock doesn't seem to work. You need 13 hits within one second to stun. Maybe I'm just bad but I cant click my mouse so fast. And the fleshpound will die on the 14th hit, so what sense makes it to stun one shot before he dies anyways?

How about you do your homework before write stupid responses to things you have no clue about?

Upvote 0
Being able to stun fleshpounds with a t3 that decaps them with about half a mag at the same time was stupid anyway. As long as you can still kill and stun scrakes (and yes you can) sharpshooter will be fine. You still get to decap fleshpounds in 14 shots ontop (less if you ditch ballistic shock). That said, just because you and me cannot land 14 consecutive headshots this fast right now doesn't mean it is impossible. Wasn't 14 about the same number it took to decap a fleshpound in KF1? I know for a fact people manage that despite the wonky hitboxes.

Gladius;n2257551 said:
The M99 is far from being useless in KF1. It requires skill to make enough dosh with the 9mm and not to be dependent on funding by the team. And being self sufficient with the M99 is absolutely possible. It just doesn't go good together with the fact that the M99 is not the favourite gun of people who are skilled enough for it. If you want that big noob cannon that just takes SC/FP away without any effort and makes the game boring... here you go KF2. You got your railgun very "useful".

I am aware the railgun cannot remain is it is now. It should require more skill and more commitment but in a way that ties in the perk's skills and playstyle (already made suggestions as to how). Dumping a match worth of dosh into one mag is cheesy and boring as hell. The M99 was so unpopular because it's downside is plainly annoying and there were other - even better - ways to deal with fleshpounds and scrakes. Tripwire would be stupid not to learn from this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gladius;n2257565 said:
It's just that ballistic shock doesn't seem to work. You need 13 hits within one second to stun. Maybe I'm just bad but I cant click my mouse so fast. And the fleshpound will die on the 14th hit, so what sense makes it to stun one shot before he dies anyways?

How about you do your homework before write stupid responses to things you have no clue about?

Listen up big boy. Ever thought of the fact that you're not supposed to stun fleshpounds with your EBR SOLELY ON YOUR OWN?
You're basically crying because an OP sharpshooter got nerfed (which is totally fine) and you can no longer solo fp's on a 6p hoe match? FP's are supposed to be a challenge, do you know that?

Taken into consideration that there might other players in a 6p hoe match that shoot the fleshpound OR scrakes simultaneously the chance that it'll come to an eventual stun is very big. (Thats how the incap system works as of now, it builds up the knockback/stun/stumble power of ALL players) TEAMWORK IS KEY
Had this in several matches now.

And even if that is not enough for you, if you really really wanna stun everything big on your own (which is ridiculous btw):

1. Equip ballistic shock
2. Equip Ranger

^ with this loadout you're basically good to go to stun everything in sight once zedtime is triggered. And if your trigger finger is even fast enough, you can stun scrakes with ballistic shock only. (done it already)

It's always the same with the allegedly 'skilled community' (which is not really skilled). Once they manage to finally own everything on Hell on Earth difficulty, no matter how ridiculously OP or easy it is due to balance issues, they go total nuts once these things get addressed.

tl;dr. -> You can still stun fp's/sc's just fine. Work in a team and you'll manage to do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gladius;n2257547 said:
- The railgun became even more overpowered then it initially was. 6pHoE FP are decapped now in 2 hits even without Rack em Up bonus.

All I read about the changes to SS was this: "Sharpshooter
  • Decreased EBR Rifle stun power to 8 (was 40)
  • Decreased Railgun stun power reduced to 50 (was 100)
  • Increased Railgun Lock on time for Bloat/Scrake/Fleshpound is now 1.1sec (was 0.35)
  • Freeze Grenade radius has been increased to 900 (was 600)"
They didn't do anything to increase damage of the Railgun. I'm not understanding what you're saying, Can you clarify what you mean about the Railgun being more over powered now?

Upvote 0
Domi_y0;n2257575 said:
Listen up big boy.

[...]

And even if that is not enough for you, if you really really wanna stun everything big on your own (which is ridiculous btw):

1. Equip ballistic shock
2. Equip Ranger

^ with this loadout you're basically good to go to stun everything in sight once zedtime is triggered. And if your trigger finger is even fast enough, you can stun scrakes with ballistic shock only. (done it already).
Now go ingame and see that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Upvote 0
Gladius;n2257577 said:
Now go ingame and see that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Wanna bet on that? With a quick trigger finger youre fully able to stun SC's with ballistic shock equipped.
And with the zedtime ranger skill you can easily stun fp and sc lol, you're just making up stuff. Please go back to normal difficulty, people like you cry over every little change that makes the game feel more natural and team-based.
You probably hope that at the end of TWI balancing kf2 you're able to solo 6p hoe with a lvl 0 sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
The thing what I don't get is that you are complaining about a perk losing its effectiveness to solo, but here is the thing about SS, it is a tank-buster with the RG/Xbow, always been. Its a support class that is meant to take out big threats before they become a bigger threat. Not no mlg360noscope king. Stunning in general with the m14 was stupidly op, good thing its got balanced. Learn to use your team's effectiveness rather than their health and sanity. If not, go play solo.

Upvote 0
Gladius;n2257578 said:
I was never propagating the stun ability of the EBR on SC/FP. But if it gets practically removed the EBR should get a damage increase. What will happen now is that pub games will be full of railguns... How to do balance... TWI pls.

Well this is pass one at balancing the Sharpshooter. Now they will be watching and listening and I expect that means that they have intentions on tweaking still.

Upvote 0
EctoCooler;n2257584 said:
The nerf to the EBR needed to happen. It was stupidly good even as an offperk weapon.

Yes, but not like that. And good suggestions for the rebalance were already made. The practical effect that this rebalance has that pub games will be full of railgun scrubs.

The iconic sharps weapons LAR/EBR are a joke in KF2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gladius;n2257585 said:
Yes, but not like that. And good suggestions for the rebalance were already made. The practical effect that this rebalance has that pub games will be full of railgun scrubs.

The iconic sharps weapons LAR/EBR are a joke in KF2.

There we go again.... KF1 ≠ KF2

The LAR EBR Combo in KF1 was only possible because of how stunning in KF1 worked. And it was bull**** because the scrake basically did not react as long as you kept shooting its head with EBR.
KF2 handles this a lot better, actually tries to bring teamplay into account, and people like you complain about it because they can no longer cakewalk 6p hoe with their sharpshooter weapons solely on their own.
Ever tried playing in a team before instead of just trying to rambo around with ur SS?

Upvote 0
Actually I have been playing a few reounds with with my crew today and I think the update is awesome! With my lvl 7 sharpshooter and the EBR I did not have too many problems taking down trash far away and Scraces weren't too hard to kill either on suicidal.
The game just is fun now and feels good to me. When we made the M99 back in KF1 we spent an enourmous amount of time on how to balance it. Acutally it was just impossible to balance since some people then liked it and some hated it (op or up) :D
For me personally the EBR is more then fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0