• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release [Utility] Webadmin Workshop tool

Marco

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2009
Finland
Name
WebAdmin Workshop tool​
Description
This mod basically lets you easily manage workshop items on server, notifies you of a configuration error and broadcasts messages whenever server is downloading some workshop items (or updates to items).​
Download link
Installation
  • Unpack file to ...\kf2server\KFGame\BrewedPC\ folder.
  • Locate ...\kf2server\KFGame\Config\PCServer-KFGame.ini and [KFGame.KFGameEngine] section.
  • Add line: ServerActors=WorkshopTool.WorkshopTool
  • Then just save and close, and you're ready.
Screenshot
KF2WorkshopTool.jpg

As you can see the tool notifies you if you are missing required download manager setup in the ini file (I couldn't make this automatically to correct ini file because Tripwire had removed 'SET' console command for no valid reason).
You can add new items either by typing in directly their ID, or copy-paste the item URL line (i.e: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=649388092&tscn=1459029562).
The mod will proceed to retrieve workshop item name by accessing the Steam page, this usually takes a couple of seconds.
By pressing the "Download items now" button will make server start download any newly added items, then restart the current map by the end of it.​

• Love
Reactions: phixxion
As you can see the tool notifies you if you are missing required download manager setup in the ini file (I couldn't make this automatically to correct ini file because Tripwire had removed 'SET' console command for no valid reason).

I realized that cvar wasn't working when it had before. I had commented out this line in KFWebadmin.ini
Code:
denyConsoleCommands=set
It was a good option for reconfiguring settings on the fly.
frown.gif

Thank You Marco! Looking forward to checking this out.

Upvote 0
Does this actually work with the current version of KF2?

I went to try this mod out, but with the "ServerActors=WorkshopTool.WorkshopTool" line added to my PCServer-KFGame.ini file, the webserver just won't start at all.

Removing that line and starting the server, everything works fine.

Edit: NM, I got it working by adding the WorkshopTool.WorkshopTool entry to the "Server Actors" tab in the webadmin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Would really really like to use this great tool on my servers, but unfortunatelly (like others mods/mutators/actors) the usage of the tool DERANKS the server!

Maybe you should mention that in your post Marco, so people dont waste time installing it and being baffled afterwards ;)

Any infos if this or other mods maybe whitelisted in the future? Tripwire really kicks its own a** here, not integrating such basic funtionality and on the other side downgrading servers for using helpful tools...

Upvote 0
I'm having a crash with this.
Please help me, since this tool would REALLY make things easy for me, i'm having a hard time setting up a custom server to play with my friends.
[0005.37] DevNet: Spawning: IpDrv.WebServer
[0005.37] DevNet: Spawning: WorkshopTool.WorkshopTool
[0007.78] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x3f399e78 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f3f1d90 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f377118 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f376a26 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f37e020 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f37d4b5 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f37cc4e (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f39a035 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f3c3bca (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f3e3c26 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f3be1cf (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3f3e2f8b (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fd2f28a (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fa7b829 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fd1fc2f (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fd0f03e (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fe59d07 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fd31e54 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fd1b0ed (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fe8c438 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fe24b41 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fe21521 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fe215da (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x3fe29041 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x400d38a4 (filename not found) [in C:\steamservers\kf2\Binaries\win64\KFServer.exe]
Address = 0x7716652d (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\kernel32.dll]
Address = 0x7729c521 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]
Address = 0x7729c521 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll]

[0007.78] Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
[0007.78] Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
[0007.79] Log: appRequestExit(1)

Upvote 0