• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design UT2004 / Redorchestra SM

Given they are -basically- both UE2.5, it shouldn't be that hard to cross-import them.. albeit it might be in poor taste. I blieve there are several modifications RO did to a few package formats to enhance the engine.. nothing to fancy.

Anything that won't straight-up-import into UT2k4, you'll have to export, then yes, maybe re-import via ActorX from Max/Maya/XSI/whatever.

The only thing I'll remind you to do is at minimum give proper credit to the original smesh creators, or ideally, ask the creators of those meshes for the right to use it in another product.

Upvote 0
If you are so good at it, start converting maps from RO 3.3! I know alot of people in the community would be at your feet if you do it well

I have converted about 5 RO maps to DM (DeathMatch) for UT2004, am working on converting another 5 more. As for Static mesh, open the Static Mesh browser, select the Smesh you want and rename it using "myLevel" as the package. Go to the maps myLevel and add it to the map. Don't forget to myLevel the texture(s) that goes along with the Smesh also. This way all the needed packages are in the map package.

Upvote 0