• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Use the Steam Server Browser to connect to updated KF servers

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
We have discovered the root of the problem most mac users are currently experiencing with mismatches.

The mac is currently only showing outdated servers in steam, while the client itself is actually updated (but showing the wrong version number).

You can work around this by joining a server via the Steam server browser. We are working to get a fix readied to address the issue and are discussing what we can do for mac users internally.

rainvargus

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2011
At least in our case, using this approach only nets us lvl 0 perks (and probably no achievements either), so I guess having the wrong version reported ingame does mess with steam.

purplefish7

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2011
What about the rest of the problems? How about the problems in the actual game? Perks don't work anywhere, and the error message "Unknown Steam Error Is Preventing Access To This" ?
the game has to work before we can connect to the servers.
:)

Fatangrykid

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2011
still doesnt work

still doesnt work

we joined a server via steam as you said and still the same problems (i.e perks, etc), we will just have to wait for the updated fix hopefully ASAP. Please... also extend the halloween event since we been having to deal with this problem for almost a week now with delayed and very few support responses....you have many angry KF addicts that need to play.

acgregore

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 29, 2011
steam server browser?

steam server browser?

Yoshiiiiiiiiiiro! How do I get to steam's server browser? Its not in the in-game overlay!?...also I Hope you guys n gals extend the halloween bash

...and maybe give mac users a special super dupa scary dlc Troll mask too. I would very much like that, perhaps i can model it and send you an .obj? :)

Kyron the Wise

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2011
Is this just a fix to let us play, or can we get achievements? I tried a server, and I couldn't get the big hunt cheive.

It really makes it pointless to try and rush something out if we aren't going to have it in time to get the skins, which is my main goal. I want that lovely Chicken Commando, and just because I play on a mac, I have been unable to do so.

STvampire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2011
Yea same here too, i want to lvling up my perks and enjoy halloween but still can't.... can't they extended halloween event abit longer for All Mac users?:D that would be really great:cool:

Hormske

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 3, 2011
Killing Floor!
Any idea when this will be fixed? Am looking forward to getting my chicken suit! Guess I'll be level 0 with all my perks for tonight's game sesh =)

Seveneyes

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2011
Yes I can connect to a server via the steam server browser. But when I do I join a game without any of my perks (starting at level 0) and I suppose without access to any of the achievements so we can't access the halloween event...

As other people have mentioned, when trying to access the achievements/perks page we get the error: Unknown Steam Error Is Preventing Access To This

gilamunja

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 28, 2011
Thanks for getting back to us on this, appreciate it alot.
As the above have said, perks are still broken but I can wait on.

DuduBob

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2011
Yes, thanks for that fix. But I'm pretty sure all of us mac played still can't access our perks and levels, which is a bigger issue for me since I already had several servers in my Favorites

Greymalkin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 3, 2011
What fix?

What fix?

I'm still unable to access profile information, see achievements, or connect to any multiplayer servers.

Like everyone else, I completely missed the Halloween event as a result of this. :(

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
We hope to have the fix ready shortly. We are discussing the possibility of extending the event or having it return more quickly then we had planned.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
Looks like we have a build ready. It should be uploaded to Valve and released shortly.

Yoshiro

Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
The build should be going live shortly. We can also now confirm we will be extending the event until next Monday to allow you to join in on the fun!

dynamiteSTEEL

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2011
That is SO good to hear <3

Thank you for keeping this up to times and whatnot. Its greatly appreciated.

STvampire

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 2, 2011
Thanks so much:D, now i can quickly back to my commando chicken + hope my perking is back to normal as it should be:)

well anyway great news:cool: