• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Urgent steam or game developer fails

ok so basically and i cant stress this enough i purchased LEGALLY through steam yet every time i try nad play the damn game a message pops up saying i failed to pay the homage to so lord and why would i try to hack the game this way whe theres piratebay ive reinstalled the game my pc can run the game theres no error messages and yet the game is telling me i stole it when i payed i think 10 dollars for it kinda hope you can get on this cause its disappointing to see a game released with sooooooo many bugs even if this issue isnt a develpment issue i am to understand there are MANY other errors lots of people find

Last edited:
Without wishing to sound more than necessarily offensive - can you put the problem in a way we can understand it?
no offense taken i wrote that after taking an all nighter so i understand if its difficult to understand basically when i start the game it says i have failed to pay homage to the lord and why would you try and hack this way when theres piratebay

Upvote 0
i did find a steam_appid.txt thats blank i dont know if its supposed to be there or if theres supposed to be somthin in it

Also the exact pop up message is

Rawr!

"You have failed to pay homage to the kitten overlords!Shame on you!
Who tries a hack like this anyway when there's Piratebay"
and again id like to point out i bought this on steam not pirated from piratebay or any torrent sites

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i did find a steam_appid.txt thats blank i dont know if its supposed to be there or if theres supposed to be somthin in it

Also the exact pop up message is

Rawr!

"You have failed to pay homage to the kitten overlords!Shame on you!
Who tries a hack like this anyway when there's Piratebay"
and again id like to point out i bought this on steam not pirated from piratebay or any torrent sites

The reson you get the message is becuse your missing the id number in your text file. (how that happend i don't know) so the game think you hacked it and tells you that it think you hacked it. The message is good cause with out it the game would just have crashed. But now it's easyer for me to know what the problem is.

Upvote 0
so i read your message and open the dwarfs folder and theres now no steam_appid.txt i didnt delete it i did nothing yet now its gone so i made my own file called steam_appid.txt added in the number tried to run dwarfs and the thing auto deleted the appid file out of my folder and came up with the same message its been telling me for the past few days

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ive tried a few times, ive even copied and pasted the kittens file with the number, and tried it with the file blank, neither way works for me.

ive placed the text file here, which i believe is correct C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dwarfs

still no luck ive reinstalled a few times as well

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am very sure its the exact same problem as the original post, is there any other way to get around it? i did put the kittensrule.txt in Dwarf folder under steam apps/ common , the message still pops up as swivelchair49 said it did, its the identical message, not sure whats wrong

Is there anything i put in the txt? if so what is it exactly, ive tried just the number and without the number, but is there other characters im missing?

Last edited:
Upvote 0