• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Upgrading????

Well, it's time to leave XP so my first question is, and I only play RO2, should I jump to Win 7 or Win 10? Which is best for this game?
Next question, should I increase to 8 meg of memory or go to 16. Or, is 16 really an overkill for Stalingrad?
Thanks in advance.
`swamp

16 is overkill, unless you're using the SDK, the game itself only uses 4gb.

Upvote 0
Meh. 2016 seems like the year to go from 8GB to 16GB. For other games and things.

But anyway. RAM doesn't really matter for this game. CPU and graphics card.

W10 is also free for W7 and W8 users until June 2016. So you could upgrade to 7 then Get 10 later for free. Provided you get it in the next 6 months. Would be cheaper probably.

Upvote 0
:)

Both systems run RO2 just fine. Win 10 had some behavioral issues with Nvidia drivers for awhile, but that seems to have been resolved. The thing you need to be focused on is how much additional percentage of your hardware resources Win 7 and Win 10 will consume before any are allocated to RO2. THAT will be the only thing that may cause an undesirable change. They will consume somewhat more of your memory. So take that into consideration.

Upvote 0
:)

Both systems run RO2 just fine. Win 10 had some behavioral issues with Nvidia drivers for awhile, but that seems to have been resolved. The thing you need to be focused on is how much additional percentage of your hardware resources Win 7 and Win 10 will consume before any are allocated to RO2. THAT will be the only thing that may cause an undesirable change. They will consume somewhat more of your memory. So take that into consideration.
So it sounds like you are advocating 16GM of memory, am I hearing you right?
`swamp

Upvote 0
So it sounds like you are advocating 16GM of memory, am I hearing you right?
`swamp

:cool: I am at this point. But each iteration of windows gobbles up a little more memory for it's own use. I adopted 16gb when Win 7 arrived. It gives the entire OS a lot of breathing room to allocate resources without pinching out the amount of game code which must reside in memory at any given time. The need for memory by the O/S and hungry sophisticated game code will only increase over time. There is no harm in having a generous amount of ram, both on the motherboard and on the GPU.

Upvote 0