• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Upgrading the PPSh-41

I say that because of the wave of unquestioning agreements following the post as well.

I'm not saying I disagree with Grobut. I'm just saying there's probably a reason things are they way they are, and we should consider that before blowing up and making massive posts about things the devs might have already thought about.

Valid point, but I think Grobut has compared the differences between the two "upgrade tiers" pretty well.

Upvote 0
I say that because of the wave of unquestioning agreements following the post as well.

I'm not saying I disagree with Grobut. I'm just saying there's probably a reason things are they way they are, and we should consider that before blowing up and making massive posts about things the devs might have already thought about.

Then let them say that, if they actually have a good reason to do it this way, and why it can't be any other way, then let's hear it from them.

But it'll have to be damned good reason for me to accept a 1944 weapon in 1942, when it seems easy enough to not only fix it, but make an upgrade progression that will be even more attractive to players (getting access to the Type-1 or PPD-40 at Lvl-3 would be a lot more awesome than just getting Semi-auto, which the gun should have allways had anyway).

Upvote 0
Sounds like a good idea.

No, not really.

Whining, stamping our feet and starting petetions won't accomplish anything, except perhabs making the dev-team feel a little alienated by the community. And quite frankly, it'd be a little douchy of us to do such a thing, and make this community look a wee bit petty.

No, we just need to reach them, and say "look, you've got this one gun that we feel you are implimenting in a bad way, so here's another way you could do it, that we would be very happy with, and which should still accomplish the goals you seem to have set for the upgrade system", and i hope that is what i accomplished with the origional post.

We need to work with the dev's here, not against them, which is why i put some thought into comming up with an alternative upgrade progression in the first place, and i welcome others to do the same if they have good ideas to chime in with.

Upvote 0
No, not really.

Whining, stamping our feet and starting petetions won't accomplish anything, except perhabs making the dev-team feel a little alienated by the community. And quite frankly, it'd be a little douchy of us to do such a thing, and make this community look a wee bit petty.

No, we just need to reach them, and say "look, you've got this one gun that we feel you are implimenting in a bad way, so here's another way you could do it, that we would be very happy with, and which should still accomplish the goals you seem to have set for the upgrade system", and i hope that is what i accomplished with the origional post.

We need to work with the dev's here, not against them, which is why i put some thought into comming up with an alternative upgrade progression in the first place, and i welcome others to do the same if they have good ideas to chime in with.

I guess you're right, do you think implementing your system would take too long though?

Upvote 0
I guess you're right, do you think implementing your system would take too long though?

I can't really say, for all i know, they could perhabs allready have coded/animated the system for using 2 kinds of magazines with the PPSh, they could even have modelled the PPD-40 allready, and it just hasen't gotten announced yet.

Or maybe none of that has been made, i don't know, and i can't really know how much time TWI spends on making a gun either, or how hard pressed for time their 3D guys are or aren't.

But considdering they found the time to make 2 guns that might only maybe have been there, i do think it's worthwhile to ensure that one of the most iconic guns of the conflict, and which is a standard issue in the game, is correct and works as it should.

And likewise, considdering the PPD-40 was issued in the first game, and a lot more PPD's where made than AVT's and MKb's, and that it would allmost certainly have been in Stalingrad (considdering it was still in circulation at the end of the war, long after they had stopped making them), i do feel it's a worthwhile inclusion aswell, especially since we can't include the PPS-43.

Making sure the PPD-40 is also a high-level gun, rather than a readilly avalible gun like it was in Ost, is also a very good way to ensure that we'll see more of the more common PPSh. In Ost, there was a tendancy for us to see too many PPD's and not enough PPSh'es (the recoil in Ost really contributed to that, mind).

Upvote 0
I can't really say, for all i know, they could perhabs allready have coded/animated the system for using 2 kinds of magazines with the PPSh, they could even have modelled the PPD-40 allready, and it just hasen't gotten announced yet.

Or maybe none of that has been made, i don't know, and i can't really know how much time TWI spends on making a gun either, or how hard pressed for time their 3D guys are or aren't.

But considdering they found the time to make 2 guns that might only maybe have been there, i do think it's worthwhile to ensure that one of the most iconic guns of the conflict, and which is a standard issue in the game, is correct and works as it should.

And likewise, considdering the PPD-40 was issued in the first game, and a lot more PPD's where made than AVT's and MKb's, and that it would allmost certainly have been in Stalingrad (considdering it was still in circulation at the end of the war, long after they had stopped making them), i do feel it's a worthwhile inclusion aswell, especially since we can't include the PPS-43.

Making sure the PPD-40 is also a high-level gun, rather than a readilly avalible gun like it was in Ost, is also a very good way to ensure that we'll see more of the more common PPSh. In Ost, there was a tendancy for us to see too many PPD's and not enough PPSh'es (the recoil in Ost really contributed to that, mind).

I don't mind "what if" weapons that might not have been there, like you said I want the standard issue iconic weapons to be modelled perfectly, and the PPD 40 would make a great hero weapon, maybe used even more than other hero weapons....

Upvote 0

That was actually the reason for my obviously sarcastic comment. Well, not obviously enough I see.

Shall use more tags.

Upvote 0