• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Update concepts

SkullkingTC

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 26, 2022
I know I ain't the first person to complain about the lack of content in the new updates for Killing Floor 2. As honestly for a while now all the updates have been are community maps and a few reskinned weapons that are barely different that what already exists in the game. Though I also have some update concepts that are based around a story/universe I've been making.

Map-Zemeli Industries: A skyscraper that exists in a neon-lit city that is almost always night, you could explore three different floors that were once inhabited by the multi-millionaire Abigail Cedria Zemeli. You can explore their actual home that is actually quite big, though you could take the elevator to go down to street level and hold out against zeds that approach from beyond police barricades that block off the streets. Lastly you could either take a staircase down or find a garage door on the outside of the building to explore a few corridors of the underground facility that was once the base of a vigilante group known as The Scorched Legion.

Weapon-The Extermination HMG Mark 5: A heavy machine gun that has three rotating barrels and can fire 25mm rounds at 1,200RPM, which when used the heat of the weapon charges up the mini railgun attachments on the barrels to allow for a devastating blast of plasma.

Weapon-The Calvary's Redeemer: A one-handed calvary sword that can cut down enemies quickly and gives a burning effect to it's targets, though it has an alternate mode where it electrocutes nearby enemies.

Weapon-The Ripples of the Wind: A duel-bladed sword that has decent range and has an alternate mode where it uses soundwaves to slow down and slightly damage any enemies near the user before it has to recharge.

Weapon-HAAR-17:A machine gun that holds 60 rounds in each magazine and that has an alternate fire mode where it shoots a line of plasma for 3 seconds before it needs to recharge.
Character-Violet Nova Curtary: A young woman who's left as a cyborg, she is rather innocent despite being a mercenary for the military. She is 5'3, has long pink hair, and has cybernetic arms and legs, while also having part of her neck and 3/4ths of their face covered with metal plates. She is the creator of The Extermination HMG Mark 5 and HAAR-17, as she used to create weapons for The Scorched Legion. (The image below is what she looks like.)
violet.png
Enemy-Corrupted Slasher: A mutated version of the slasher that has pitch-black skin while their veins and eyes glow a bright white. They act similar to a normal slasher, though they are a bit faster, they can heal from any wound as long as they're alive, and the only way to kill them is by destroying their head.

Enemy-Corrupted Stalker: A mutated version of the Stalker that isn't visible to even a commando, they move slightly faster and can regain health, they only die when their head is destroyed and they occasionally teleport a feet closer to their target.

Boss-Corrupted Brute: A large and power unit that stands at roughly 12 feet tall, they behave a bit similar to a Fleshpound, though they're permanently enraged but are slower than the players, though not by much. Which they slowly heal overtime, though they don't have any armor or any other means of regaining health. Though they summon Corrupted Slashers and Corrupted Stalkers.

-I dig the map idea ! I feel like we're lacking an "Offices-like" option in KF2. That's to say a map that's a bit more cramped, in a building, with very few options to escape so you'd be forced to stay close to each other... I'm also very fond of "Dystopia 2029", so having another map located into a Cyberpunk-flavored location is right up my alley.

-The Extermination HMG Mark 5 : by the sound of it, it seems like a Survivalist weapon... And possibly another broken one at that ! I don't know if we need another minigun, although the ZED MkIII truly impressed me. It also somewhat feels like a Killerwatt with extra steps to me.

-The Calvary's Redeemer : it feels gimmicky to be fair. I'm a bit tired of the trope of adding "elemental effects" to weapons to give them a bit more flair. More often than not, it feels tacked-on and not really interesting. The Frost Fang for example rarely actually freezes zeds and often just blast them away (except against bigger zeds, which the weapon doesn't really excel at killing). I do like the idea of having a cavalry saber, but possibly for a future game, as I don't really see what it could bring to the zerk class (except maybe a faster attack speed? And even that would be meh)

-The Ripples of the Wind : eh... it's yet another gimmicky weapon imo. A double-edged sword is an interesting idea on its own, but possibly in another game where melee-combat is more developed? I'm thinking of For Honor as an example. In KF2, besides fancy animations, I don't know what it could truly bring. Maybe the soundwave could instead push back zeds rather than slowing them down? Like, the shockwave would stumble them ! And it would fit the zerk's gameplay pretty well I think.

-HAAR-17: again, the plasma attack seems tacked-on without any real reason... And it also feels like a baby version of your Extermination HMG Mk.V as a result.

-Violet Nova Curtary : I dig the art, really ! But the design seems too... bright, too colorful for KF2. Take the Horzine Mk.7 armor as a reference point : while it has some colorful outlines, it's still a solid black futuristic armor that seems somewhat "believable" in a near-future setting like in KF2. Your character not only seems to stem from a space opera, but it really screams "shoot me!" due to the bright neon colors. I do have to add that I'd keep two great stuff about your idea : we definitely need more female characters in KF2... And a cyborg character would be pretty neat ! Sure, we have D.A.R. but... It's not exactly the same flavor.

-Corrupted Slasher definitely sounds like a pain in the ass ! And that's a great thing considering most people find the current state of the game to be too easy. The fact it regenerates its HP is no big deal, considering it's a mere slasher (in most cases, I believe you wouldn't even notice it, especially with latter weaponry and/or higher-leveled perks). But the main problem is... You can only kill it via headshots. Most of the time, a single headshot is needed to kill a slasher. So would the self-healing matter that much? Plus, for perks that aren't truly capable of dealing headshots (like with most zerk, firebug or demo weapons), what would you do? Switch to your 9mm each time the zed appears? I guess it adds some challenge yeah, but it would also break the flow of the match. Kind of a shame IMO.

-Corrupted Stalker : Most of my criticism related to the Slasher can also apply here. I believe only the ability to teleport, moving faster and being fully invisible should be kept. That would already make for a tougher and more annoying enemy to deal with !

-Corrupted Brute : I must admit I thought you would have taken inspiration from the old "Brute" mod from KF1 ! The fact it self-heals is yet another idea I don't know what to make out of... Nobody likes bullet sponges, it's just a cheap way to add challenge and make a fight drags on for far too long. It also feels too similar to the King Fleshpound to truly make it an intriguing boss that you have to relearn. And considering it can self-heal AND is always in a rage state... Is it a good idea to make it spawn zeds? Especially ones that can also self-heal and are only vulnerable to headshots? I don't really think so... It would make for a very frustrating fight.

So what I'd keep from all that are :

-Zemeli Industries
-Corrupted Stalker
-The will to bring forward better, more interesting and more complete updates !
-

Upvote 0