• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] Up The Irons!!!

No way, nothing can be worse than Blaze Bayleys Virtual and x factor.

The album is on the Spotify for those who have it btw.

X Factor is actually a very good album, it just suffers from being too different from the original Maiden style.

And as a Maiden fan, I can say that it wasn't Blaze Bayley's fault, probably Harris wanted to try to experiment with something different after hearing his voice.

If you take your time to check Blaze's solo career you'll see that he is a very talented singer and composer (And his metal is much heavier than his work with Maiden)

He has released 5 studio albums so far and I like every one of them.
3 under the name "Blaze", then changed the band name to "Blaze Bayley" and released another 2 albums, which are in spotify BTW
sample: http://open.spotify.com/track/1fMpOIC9riF6AdHGY3dM5M

Maiden's new album is weird, but is good, like the X factor, is a grower. But still, anyone who expects a new "Number of the beast" or "Running Free" will be disappointed, Iron Maiden's has changed a lot since then, and even if they didn't, Bruce wouldn't be able to keep up with it to make it sound as fresh as those were back in the day.

Their style have shifted from simple (but genius) "in your face" heavy metal to a more elaborated and epic style which is technically better but lacks that spark they had from "Iron Maiden" to "Fear of the Dark", as I said, you'll be disappointed if you expect a second part of "7th son of a 7th son".

Instead, just give the new stuff a chance to grow on you and enjoy them for what they are, instead of what they couldn't have been.

"So, understand... Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years"

:IS2::IS2::IS2:

Last edited:
Reactions: SiC-Disaster
Upvote 0
I must say, the songs that are good on the album are fantastic, the rest is above average at best.

So like Powerslave and A Matter Of Death in that respect.

I say this with all 15 studio albums and all the live albums, and almost all of their 31 CDs in my possession.

The Final Frontier, El Dorado and When The Wild Wind Blows are the standout songs, with Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home and The Alchemist ranking second on the album.

Satellite 15... The Final Frontier would have been better off split into two seperate songs IMO.

Upvote 0
Damn, still haven't had a chance to pick up the new one :(

If you get a chance, grab "A Matter of Life and Death." There are some great songs on it.

A Matter... is a really good album, i must concur. Although IMO it starts with the potential to be the greatest album yet, and fades to average-ness halfway though. Still, Different World, These Colours Don't Run, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns and The Longest Day are some of IM's best songs to date.

Upvote 0
The Final Frontier, El Dorado and When The Wild Wind Blows are the standout songs, with Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home and The Alchemist ranking second on the album.

Satellite 15... The Final Frontier would have been better off split into two seperate songs IMO.

Now that I had time to listen to the album better, I can say I'm totally hooked to When The Wild Wind Blows and Starblind (I'm surprised you didn't mention this one), my second favs, would be Mother of Mercy, El Dorado and The Man Who Would be King, followed close by the rest of the songs. There are no bad songs in the album.

I agree about Satellite 15 and The Final Frontier should have been two separate songs.

As an anecdote I shall say that I downloaded the album while I was waiting for the pre-ordered CD to arrive, and when I started hearing Satellite 15, sounded so strange for a Maiden album, that it made me think for a moment that I downloaded a fake.

A Matter... is a really good album, i must concur. Although IMO it starts with the potential to be the greatest album yet, and fades to average-ness halfway though. Still, Different World, These Colours Don't Run, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns and The Longest Day are some of IM's best songs to date.

I disagree about the last part, I find the Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, For the Greater Good of God and The Legacy, are my favorite tracks on the album (and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns among the ones you mentioned).

Is amazing how much opinions can vary between two Maiden fans when it comes to analyze an album.

And about the show in Valencia, it was amazing, I cant believe that they are in such a good shape after so many years. It had everything one could wish from a live Maiden show, great sound, lights, presentation, performance, Eddie, the Devil, Bruce Dickinson climbing up the stage... Even the song selection was great, it had a good balance between classics songs and new era song.

I was specially delighted and surprised when they played Fear of the Dark, as I think they didn't play that one in any other show in the whole tour, I was looking at the set lists and I really didn't expect it.

It was great to be there and leave my throat behind trying to sing along, an experience that no Maiden fan should miss. Feels as if I ticked one of those squares in the list of things I have to do before I die. (which spawned another square that tells me to return in the next tour =))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now that I had time to listen to the album better, I can say I'm totally hooked to When The Wild Wind Blows and Starblind (I'm surprised you didn't mention this one), my second favs, would be Mother of Mercy, El Dorado and The Man Who Would be King, followed close by the rest of the songs. There are no bad songs in the album.

I agree about Satellite 15 and The Final Frontier should have been two separate songs.

As an anecdote I shall say that I downloaded the album while I was waiting for the pre-ordered CD to arrive, and when I started hearing Satellite 15, sounded so strange for a Maiden album, that it made me think for a moment that I downloaded a fake.

I disagree about the last part, I find the Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, For the Greater Good of God and The Legacy, are my favorite tracks on the album (and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns among the ones you mentioned).

Is amazing how much opinions can vary between two Maiden fans when it comes to analyze an album.

And about the show in Valencia, it was amazing, I cant believe that they are in such a good shape after so many years. It had everything one could wish from a live Maiden show, great sound, lights, presentation, performance, Eddie, the Devil, Bruce Dickinson climbing up the stage... Even the song selection was great, it had a good balance between classics songs and new era song.

I was specially delighted and surprised when they played Fear of the Dark, as I think they didn't play that one in any other show in the whole tour, I was looking at the set lists and I really didn't expect it.

It was great to be there and leave my throat behind trying to sing along, an experience that no Maiden fan should miss. Feels as if I ticked one of those squares in the list of things I have to do before I die. (which spawned another square that tells me to return in the next tour =))

Yeah, opinions can differ, i guess tastes are varied and unique.

It's probably why i can listen to punk, metalcore, deathcore, Heavy Metal, nu metal, Black Metal, thrash metal, and a whole lot more. My tastes are open.

And not saying any of IM's songs are bad, but some songs stand out to my ears.

And i'm hoping to go see Iron Maiden next year; it'd be the best thing to happen ever.

Upvote 0
lol AIAN MEIDEN -Fainaru Furontia

61aWFH4JNBL._SS500_.jpg

Upvote 0