• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] Up The Irons!!!

Just listened through their last album (that I missed for some reason until now), I admit I don't really like it. I always used to love their slower songs like Afraid to Shoot Strangers (well, not exactly slow) as well as their longer ones like the Rime of the Ancient Mariner (my favourite by far) so I was not disappointed just because there is no new hit like the Trooper, short but "smoking".

Most of their songs I found they should be shorter by some minutes the least, its like they kept going on and on for no reason, the solos weren't anything special that would make me play my air guitar, and not just once I found myself checking how much time is left on each truck. It is like they had some ideas and riffs, and just stitched them together to make an album that is sure to sell a lot just for their name (and because its ultra cool to see a metal album on top of the crap the charts are filled with today :p)

I am definitely not the greatest metal fan, I mostly listen to the early stuff since I really can't stand most bands that their vocalist is screaming or using strange effects, but I really do like Maiden, however I don't see myself listening to this particular album a lot of times sadly :(

PS. on the bright side I didn't feel completely ripped off like when I bought the last album of AC/DC

Upvote 0
Give it a few more spins in the background, this album is a grower. Many times I've discarded albums because I didn't like them in my first spins, and dusted them off years later, and realized that they were actually pretty good.

Of course, to each his own, and I can't guarantee that you'll like it, but its worth giving it a shot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
YouTube - Metallica - Battery (Live in Seattle 1989)

I'll just leave this here...
faceg.gif

Upvote 0