• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] Up The Irons!!!

In a word, awesome! I'll do a full write up when I get home from work.

EDIT

Of course I am going to be biased based on the fact that they're one of my favourite bands, but I tell you what guys it was a great show. They played a good mix of new and old songs, my only disappointment was they didn't play Flight of the Icarus or Aces High, I would have loved to see them do those. The set list to my recollection was something like;

Satellite 15/Final Frontier
El Dorado
2 Minutes To Midnight
The Talisman
Coming Home
The Trooper
The Wicker Man
Blood Brothers
When The Wild Wind Blows
The Evil That Men Do
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
The Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free (the mechanised Eddie came out during this)

Highlights of the show for me were The Talisman, The Trooper, Fear Of The Dark (that was especially epic, the crowd got right into it humming along) and Bruce ripping on the Aussie cricket team. Overall they were very tight, initially the vocals were low but by halfway through the first song it was sorted and from then on everything sounded great.

To answer Fed's request directly I thought the new songs sounded really good live, El Dorado and The Talisman especially so. I really wanted them to play Starblind off the new album but alas they did not :(

In any case I had a great time, drank a heap of beer before and after the show and got in a fight on the train home (I didn't start it though). It was a totally metal night, UP THE IRONS :IS2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fedorov and doomis
Upvote 0
DAMN THEM WHY WON'T THEY COME TO ENGLAND SOONER !?!?!??!?!@$&%^$%$*

Anyways, you guys were right, after giving it some more listening time I like the new album more and more. I especially like the first two songs, the first more than the second actually, just love the change halfway through it.

Upvote 0