• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

[Music] Up The Irons!!!

pæmøer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2010
Got myself tickets to Gothenburg this summer, can't wait for it!

Also, The Talisman >>> rest of the songs.

doomis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2009
DAMN IT they only come to England in July when I am back in Greece for summer holidays...

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
7 days!!!! 7 days until I see Maiden :IS2:
Write us a review, I'd like to know how the new songs sound live. When I saw them this summer, they only played "El Dorado" from the new one. I'm curious about the rest.

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
I'm interested too, especially since the only 2 current US dates are in Florida and I'm stuck up in NJ and will probably miss out.

doomis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2009
Just listened through their last album (that I missed for some reason until now), I admit I don't really like it. I always used to love their slower songs like Afraid to Shoot Strangers (well, not exactly slow) as well as their longer ones like the Rime of the Ancient Mariner (my favourite by far) so I was not disappointed just because there is no new hit like the Trooper, short but "smoking".

Most of their songs I found they should be shorter by some minutes the least, its like they kept going on and on for no reason, the solos weren't anything special that would make me play my air guitar, and not just once I found myself checking how much time is left on each truck. It is like they had some ideas and riffs, and just stitched them together to make an album that is sure to sell a lot just for their name (and because its ultra cool to see a metal album on top of the crap the charts are filled with today :p)

I am definitely not the greatest metal fan, I mostly listen to the early stuff since I really can't stand most bands that their vocalist is screaming or using strange effects, but I really do like Maiden, however I don't see myself listening to this particular album a lot of times sadly :(

PS. on the bright side I didn't feel completely ripped off like when I bought the last album of AC/DC

Fedorov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 8, 2005
Give it a few more spins in the background, this album is a grower. Many times I've discarded albums because I didn't like them in my first spins, and dusted them off years later, and realized that they were actually pretty good.

Of course, to each his own, and I can't guarantee that you'll like it, but its worth giving it a shot.

Last edited:

doomis

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 18, 2009
Yeah that's true, I tend to do dislike anything the first time I hear it, so I will definitely play it again. And I really hope I will like it :D

Tomcat_ha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
ive seen a few people calling the newest the worst album maiden ever did so you arent really alone.

Reactions: Fedorov

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
On an unrelated note, Hallowed Be Thy Name is an awesome song, because i can play it :D

All the songs that Nicko has played aren't as awesome in the same sense, because i'm nowhere near good enough to play his parts :p

Tomcat_ha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
just like iron maiden.

WATCH ME LISTENING TO VENOM, SAXON, DIAMOND HEAD, ANGEL WITCH, PAGAN ALTAR AND SATAN.

i am the true nwobhm fan

also elitist

Reactions: Fedorov