• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design UnrealEd Utility - AlignTex

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1

I recently ran into a need to use this old utility again while making a map for its texture skewing feature and thought I would post it here. Maybe some others can find a use for its niche function if they are using alot of BSP based design.

This is a simple tool used alot in UE1 mapping. However it still has its uses in the newer engine builds and offers a user friendly way to get exact texture scaling by just defining a few parameters without having to do math.

It also features a texture skew function(Normally only usable through the editor's console commands) that is very handy for getting perfect seamless texture alignment on slanted surfaces(attached images added to show what I mean).

Using this tool is simple. Run the exe file and the TexAlign window will open. Add the necessary numbers into the spaces given and it will spit out a command line for you to use in the editor console. More specific details are given by the author in the zip file.

Attachments

• Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: