• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unreal Tournament 3 Demo

The weapons are all different in look and feel... and when I blew up a darkwalker with a well placed rocket spiral I had to change pants.

Edit - oh yah just FYI you'll need to heavily change the options if you don't want to live in fuzz land. I found that you need to go into options -> change resolution, then go to advance and slide the first slider to 99. everything else is based on your machine.

Upvote 0
I just played it and I'm impressed. It ran too slow for actual competetive play (25-35 frames per second with everything on Low) but I think I have to blame my gfx card for that (GeForce 6600 GT).

The new vehicles are great. Much better than the old ones. The old ones always felt like a second thought. Especially the old Scorpion. The driving physics just didn't seem fleshed out. In UT3 they are quite nice. The vehicles that are still there are largely the same but now they behave like they should have in UT2004 in my opinion.
Oh, and make sure you are sitting tight before you connect your hoverboard to a manta for the first time.:D
The board is a great substitute for the Tranny on vehicle maps as you don't need z-axis teleporting there so often and you mostly want to get from A to B as fast as possible. With the new board you have a small mini vehicle with you that is excellent for traveling and you can hook up to other players who are in actual vehicles so they can drag you even faster. Me likes.

The weapons feel completely different now. They are basically the same as before, but they feel different now.

All in all. Great game. Beats Quake 4 as the next-gen fast-paced shooter with ease. I'll stick to UT2004 for now, because its excellent too and it runs much better, obviously, but as soon as I get a new graphicscard (maybe around christmas) UT3 is the first game I'm going to get.

Upvote 0
Really awesome.

Headshot.

UT3headshot.gif

Missed shot.

Missedshot.jpg

Hitching a ride.

HitchingaRide1.jpg

Riding along with the flag.

Flagride.jpg

About to be executed after falling off my hover board.

Execution.jpg

Upvote 0