Unplayable: CE-108255-1 Crash on Start

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Forgnot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 3, 2021
After about 3 hours of gameplay, I hit a crash that required restarting Maneater. Since that crash, I receive an immediate error right at the Start screen (CE-108255-1), after the initial credits/loading screen. Game is literally unplayable - I cannot make it past the Start screen.

Specs:
- PS5, latest updates
- 1080p TV
- AV Receiver 1080p

I've tried the following:
- Muting/Unmuting Controller Microphone
- Increasing Controller Volume to 100%/Reducing to 0%
- Setting Game to 'Performance' and 'Resolution' Mode
- Tweaking every Video setting possible (
- Restoring Licenses
- Deleting Saved game and trying to play fresh
- Booting to Safe Mode and Rebuilding Database
- Leaving PS5 unplugged for ~20 minutes to clear cache
- Disconnecting from the internet before startup
- Disabling/Renabling Offline Sharing
- Doing a COMPLETE PS5 Reset from Safe Mode
- Unplugged/replugging in External SSD
- Disabling/Enabling Auto-Sync for Saves
- Uninstalling/Reinstalling Maneater numerously (before and after all of the above)
- Plugging PS5 directly into TV (instead of AV Receiver)

I do not know of anything else to possibly try, the game refuses to load past the Start screen. Any help or indication of a patch incoming would be appreciated.

Forgnot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 3, 2021
Just wanted to provide a follow up on this, if in case it may help anyone else:

At some point after already downloading/playing a couple hours of Maneater, I had switched my PS5 from Wired to WiFi Connection, as I only had a Cat5 wire at the time which was limiting my speeds.

I never put two and two together, but recently upgraded my connection to Cat8 and switched back to Wired. This stopped 99% of the crashing and has allowed me to play again, with only the occasional crash during a loading sequence or large event (Hunter intros).

TL;DR: Switching from WiFi to Wired fixed my unplayable crashing issue.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
That is an interesting bit of information. Thank you for sharing and I am making sure our team takes a look to see if they can identify what may be happening in this case.