• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Uniform enhancements?

ingsoc39

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 16, 2006
West Coast
Is anyone currently working on any custom uniform skins..both Soviet and German...to add a tad more authenticity to the game? Personally I find the German selection a bit too mundane and I think there could be much done to enhance it graphically/historically...such as was done with the original Medal of Honor series.

i would like to see authentic german uniforms with swastikas (and maybe on some maps) because i don't see reason to censore it (there are lots of games with swastikas, wolfenstein for example) and i think it is good for atmosphere. i read somewhere - like there is steampunk or cyberpunk atmosphere in some games, there is also "nazipunk" atmosphere

Upvote 0
i would like to see authentic german uniforms with swastikas (and maybe on some maps) because i don't see reason to censore it (there are lots of games with swastikas, wolfenstein for example) and i think it is good for atmosphere. i read somewhere - like there is steampunk or cyberpunk atmosphere in some games, there is also "nazipunk" atmosphere

Swastika's are outlawed in Germany, so that would be an issue.

Upvote 0
Swastika's are outlawed in Germany, so that would be an issue.

SS runes as well, for that matter.
I don't miss them in RO2 at all, because they're not as prominent as f.e. on a plane - though it would be nice to have them just for historical accuracy's sake. There aren't that many large and/or highly visible swastikas on a regular uniform, anyway (above breast pocket, on decorations, helmet side come to mind).
...unless you count those red arm bands, of course, that for some reason didn't make it to the frontlines. :D

Upvote 0

Original uniforms of the wehrmacht had not swastikas !! Go and play Wolfenstein if you want such a thing.
In Roost some Custom Maps had special Kits, like SS Troops, Volkssturm etc. I hope someone will remake them!

Upvote 0
Yeh, German greatcoats would be nice, like this German MG.

tam36306.gif

Reactions: pepihoh
Upvote 0
SS runes as well, for that matter.
I don't miss them in RO2 at all, because they're not as prominent as f.e. on a plane - though it would be nice to have them just for historical accuracy's sake. There aren't that many large and/or highly visible swastikas on a regular uniform, anyway (above breast pocket, on decorations, helmet side come to mind).
...unless you count those red arm bands, of course, that for some reason didn't make it to the frontlines. :D

There wasn't any SS in Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
Nor did I mean to imply they were. I was merely pointing out that swastikas are not the only problematic symbols, as far as German law goes. And there will be SS skins rather sooner than later when the SDK is released. :)
will it be a problem when the mod maps come out with those symbols? i mean, they can't know you're playing a game with them in it, right?

Upvote 0