• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unhatched tank spawning. I hate it.

Adenru

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
When I first saw this in description of patch, I thought that spawning as commander in tank is fine and would make sense if we had tank invitation system implemented, I'd rather spawn as driver, but it's only minor annoyance.
But I don't understand why unhatched? Does it help me somehow? Now I have to close hatch every time I spawn, that's greater annoyance, but the worst thing I noticed today when playing tank first time since tha patch. It is just bugged. Now in addition to dreaded automatic AP round "feature" I often found myself unhatched in combat as gunner while changing seats in T-34, and when I crew member in enemy tank I saw commander unhatched just for a moment, it must be player got killed and his soul was leaving the tank when the commander unhatched and cought it. This is really frunstrating.
I've also seen and not once tanks unhatching during combat.
Very bad decision, very bad and untested.

Well apart from the bug which I don't know about, I think it's nice. Starting unhatched is more pleasant to navigate out of spawn with.

Also more realistic, like you have just hoped in the tank is when the player takes over.

It is quicker than it was in RO1 when you had to run to the tank and get in it. So easy to forget that....and i miss that, some of the best times is hoping out of your tank mid battle, usually i would park the tank, go up to a crest and check it with binoculars to see who was where and the get back in to assault them. Kind of miss those spotting tactics.

Upvote 0