• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Unexplainable Ping spiking!

Blockbot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2011
was just playing my usual server which I usually run on around 42-55 pings. suddenly in game my game just got 500ping+ like every 2nd minute. and then it was fine again. same occoured rest of the game till I disconnected. then I joined some other servers both listen and dedicated. but it was still happining to me 500+ ping spikes every 2nd minute.

I tried verify the game, checking my ports, firewalls, defrag cache, delete crappy history stuff and reinstall steam. and my log looks fine.

And I allread clicked that f6/f5 button which shows packages and ping and stuff. it doesnt change at all when the ping rises.

Morello

Administrator
Mar 17, 2006
Are you on wifi? And if so have you changed from the manufacturer's client to the Windows one?

Blockbot

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 25, 2011
Are you on wifi? And if so have you changed from the manufacturer's client to the Windows one?
would never use wireless :) I am pure wire! and yeah I found a update to my router and it seems. to lagg less now :) but i still have a strange jump delay thing that i somtimes get stuck then teleported everynow and then.