• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unbalanced maps

BSE|Vietcong

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2006
Germany
I have always been a fan of unbalanced games. This could be done with some maps:

One side has tank support, the other side has to defend only with infantry and (if this will ever happen) AT guns.
An example:
Late war somewhere in Poland or eastern Germany

Russia: 3 T34 + Infantry
Germany: Infantry in trenches and small holes (or ">" shaped 1-man-trenches).

This would require more AT weapons for infantry like magnetic hollowcharge mines, multihead grenades and molotov cocktails. A first defense line could be manned with not-respawning AT-guns (again, if they would be added).

There could also be maps that have a defending team that is limited to 2/3 of the strength of the assaulting team.

I'd love to see some of this instead of the rather balanced maps we have now (every tank has a counter-tank on the other side...)

I have always been a fan of unbalanced games. This could be done with some maps:

One side has tank support, the other side has to defend only with infantry and (if this will ever happen) AT guns.

Personally I like asymmetrical maps better. For example, the one I'm making right now has the Russians with one T-34 and lots of automatics, versus Germans with only two panzerfausters and mainly rifles. On the surface it seems unbalanced, but the Germans still have a good chance of winning if they can set up good ambushes and capitalize on their strengths.

Upvote 0
lol@crim+santini i personally think arad is quite even with the t34's removed as the axis actually won a round. when the loadout was original with only 2 clown cars you never won a round over 6 hours of battle in iron crescendo:D not to mention you guys spent a fortune on fausts:p happy days :eek: see u guys in prussia this weekend;) dont cry too much ladies you have a chance this weekend..:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
If the game was completly balanced it wouldn't be any fun. I see it like this, most of the fun in RO is overcoming a situation in which you are put against an better armed enemy, or one with a better position. For example, flanking an MG that is ripping apart your squad or attacking the enemy who's dug in on a hill or whatever, using your skill to defeat the enemy even when they have the advantage is the rewarding part of RO.

Whenever i play arad the germans usaully win, as long as you can put infantry in the NV radio house and hold it, the tanks will take care of the rest.

Upvote 0
If the game was completly balanced it wouldn't be any fun. I see it like this, most of the fun in RO is overcoming a situation in which you are put against an better armed enemy, or one with a better position. For example, flanking an MG that is ripping apart your squad or attacking the enemy who's dug in on a hill or whatever, using your skill to defeat the enemy even when they have the advantage is the rewarding part of RO.

Whenever i play arad the germans usaully win, as long as you can put infantry in the NV radio house and hold it, the tanks will take care of the rest.
Hahaha you mean the **** for accuracy mg's yeah it opens up on you as the bullets are wizzing by you you just prone and put a rifle bullet through his head.

Upvote 0
Hahaha you mean the **** for accuracy mg's yeah it opens up on you as the bullets are wizzing by you you just prone and put a rifle bullet through his head.

The 34 on single shot is deadly, and if you know a little trick that deploys the MGs in such a way that the recoil is far less than normal you will cower and die :)

Upvote 0
Funny coming from the side whose loseing the campaign. Actually I released the fixed version of Arad before last weekend.:p
i sense a lot of anger there lol.. but anyway dude i don't really give a flying **** about this campaign zero in IC it is a test battle. all i care about is that IC grows from strengh to strengh... and it will if we get together, and put our petty gripes to the side:D if you can play against me in an even playing field. that is all i ask for..and expect.. but hasn't happend so far

Last edited:
Upvote 0