• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unbalanced classes.

Nicholas

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Yes I know its up to the mapper, but I just think that classes were so unbalanced alot of the time in Ostfront, I mean you would have most of the team made up of assault and semi autos, but then have 1 MG and 2 bolt actions, theres always snipers on close range maps but never on long range maps.

Oh but then of course on assault oriented maps, like that one where the Russians attack the trenches, everyone is supposed to be storming the trenches with smg's, but you still have several guys camping back with bolt actions.

They need to make the amount of classes on each map more dynamic.

As a realism gamer, I hate when people want a "balanced" game. I usually think they want the same crap you find in DOD:S where each class has basically the same type of weapon but just with a different skin. I want to know that each class isn't balanced and through map design, tactics or properly using a class I can create a sort of balance, much like it happened in WW2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some of the fun of games is fighting despite being at a disadvantage. In Stalingrad for example, the Germans early on in the battle would start out with full supplies. This means that they would have every kit available, plenty of ammo and such. As the battle wheres on and by the time they get cut off, they would have less weapons, less autos, Mg's and so forth. Stick to the history is what I'm saying, the battles were epic in real life, and they will be in game too if they are accurately portrayed.

As for balancing classes in general, I think that they should reflect the load out of real life German and Russian squads respectively as the battle changes.

Reactions: triple25mm
Upvote 0
As a realism gamer, I hate when people want a "balanced" game. I usually think they want the same crap you find in DOD:S where each class has basically the same type of weapon but just with a different skin. I want to know that each class isn't balanced and through map design, tactics or properly using a class I can create a sort of balance, much like it happened in WW2.

Quoted for teh truth in this truth statement of uber truth and truthiness.

yeah .... :IS2:

Upvote 0
I hope weapon roles scale better in RO2. Baksan valley was a lot more fun when it was mainly bolt rifles, 6 semi autos per team is a little excessive. Kaukaus adds a second mg for the allies on the 50 player version which is insane because 2 decent mg's can cover the entire BR/Tower side of the map even with smoke and there is no decent position to pick them off.

Upvote 0
Cookie cutter games are for those that are too lazy, or too terrible to actually learn how to play to the strengths and weaknesses of a class. They are stale, boring, and is a prime example of why the CoD series is dying off in PC. Its fun for a while, but years and years of it you just begin to realize, every new title is just the same game as before with updated skins.

Upvote 0