• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ucc make???

IconoclastDX

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 23, 2006
Dont shoot me for being ignorant.

All the uscript tuts i can find tell me to complie with "ucc make" But I cant find it. It would really be nice if there was a short reference for RO that included how to get what RO needs where it needs it to run a mod.

Last edited:
On using the UCC: sounds like you are new to coding for the Unreal engine, so, heres some usefull info about how UCC works that really helped me back in the day, if you allready know this much, just ignore this post..

As stated, UCC is run through the command promt, but before UCC will do anything at all, it has to be made aware of your scripts so it can compile them, this is done by editing the RedOrchestra.ini file (in ..Steam\SteamApps\username\red orchestra\System), just open the file, and browse till you find the following:

EditPackages=Core
EditPackages=Engine
EditPackages=Fire
EditPackages=Editor
EditPackages=UnrealEd
EditPackages=IpDrv
EditPackages=UWeb
EditPackages=GamePlay
EditPackages=UnrealGame
EditPackages=XGame
EditPackages=XInterface
EditPackages=XAdmin
EditPackages=XWebAdmin
EditPackages=GUI2K4
EditPackages=xVoting
EditPackages=UTV2004c
EditPackages=UTV2004s
EditPackages=ROEffects
EditPackages=ROEngine
EditPackages=ROGame
EditPackages=ROAmmo
EditPackages=ROInventory
EditPackages=ROInterface
EditPackages=RORoles
EditPackages=ROVehicles

Its under [Editor.EditorEngine].

Then you just add an editpackage to the list (EditPackages=MyROmod, where MyROmod is the name of the folder contaning your .uc files).

Some usefull information about what UCC looks for:

1) Your scripts must be located in the general RedOrchestra folder, like so: ..Steam\SteamApps\Username\red orchestra\MyROmod\Classes\.UC files go here

2) UCC will only compile scripts into working .u and .ucl files if thease files do not allready exist! so if you have compiled your mod, thereby creating an "MyROmod.u" file under system, but want to change something and recompile, you must delete the "MyROmod.u" file from the system folder first!

3) If your mod spans over several folders (IE several EditPackages), and some of the files in one package needs info from the other (example: one package contains weapon subclass information, the other the actual weapons themselves), the Editpackage containing the info that the other needs must be placed before the other in the EditPackages= list (example: Editpackages=GunClasses goes before EditPackages=DaGunz).

Once you have told UCC what to look for by adding it to the Editpackages, and you are ready to comile your .uc files into an .u file, simply open the command promt, browse to Ro's system folder, and type the command "ucc make", you will now see UCC browse through all the Editpackages in the order in which they are listed in the RedOrchestra.ini file, once it gets to your Editpakage, it will detect that no .u file exists by this name, and compile your scripts (assuming you've done it right and there are no errors, and that your .uc files are located in the right place), and thats it, you've compiled a mod.

Upvote 0