• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server UAdminModV095b

Anyone been able to get UAdminModV095b working other than using ServerExt ?

All I get is

Code:
Failed to load 'UAdminModV095b': Can't find file for package 'XEffects'

When I try and install UAdminMod by itself and it won't load.

I can load ServerExt fine, and then load UAdminMod after that, but it doesn't seem to have the full functionality that I'm looking for. (High Ping Kicker/ Slay/ Freeze). Is the full functionality of UAdminMod limited in the web interface feature included with the ServerExt addon?

Meh, I'm lost. The reserved slots is rather awesome though. And too the constant demo recording.

Last edited:
Time you say? Just sit back and wait for it to work? Sure, feel free to do that.

The addon works if loaded by serverext it just doesn't have the full functionality as the standale package offers.

Reserved Slots works, this is part of the plugin and has no problems. I set it based to kick the lowest scored player and it does when I join.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, is it possible to stop or deny loading packages for a mutator?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Time you say? Just sit back and wait for it to work? Sure, feel free to do that.

The addon works if loaded by serverext it just doesn't have the full functionality as the standale package offers.

Reserved Slots works, this is part of the plugin and has no problems. I set it based to kick the lowest scored player and it does when I join.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here, is it possible to stop or deny loading packages for a mutator?

Did you say you got reserved slots working?
Howso?

Upvote 0
10th word, 2nd link.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=3583[/URL]

Instal that.

Then go into the webpanel, Mutators and you should have UAdminMod v0.9.5b BETA in this list now.

Enable that checkbox, do a restart/mapchange.

Login to the webadmin and play with your sexy new tab next to admins and groups called reserved slots.

It's based on Global ID's/IP or player name and it's a ***** to find them unless your on the webui.

Upvote 0
10th word, 2nd link.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=3583[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=3583[/URL]

Instal that.

Then go into the webpanel, Mutators and you should have UAdminMod v0.9.5b BETA in this list now.

Enable that checkbox, do a restart/mapchange.

Login to the webadmin and play with your sexy new tab next to admins and groups called reserved slots.

It's based on Global ID's/IP or player name and it's a ***** to find them unless your on the webui.

I have done all this.
It's weird. It's still not working.

Upvote 0
Well, I'll just magically wave my wand in your direction and fix it for you.

Sorry, I can't help you if all I have to troubleshoot with is two lines of text that says "not working".

What excatly isn't working? Did you understand the part about ServerExt and how to install it? And did that load okay? Because if your having problems with the first step, and if "UAdminMod v0.9b Beta" is not showing up in in your mutators list of the webpanel you need to install this first...

I assume that's where your having problems? Read the instructions again, serverext is simple to install. Download, copy files, edit killingfloor.ini (they refer to the ut ini but its the same thing) as suggested restart server.

And bam you have access to Install the UadminMod mutator in your webadmin now provided you were able to follow the instructions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I'll just magically wave my wand in your direction and fix it for you.

Sorry, I can't help you if all I have to troubleshoot with is two lines of text that says "not working".

What excatly isn't working? Did you understand the part about ServerExt and how to install it? And did that load okay? Because if your having problems with the first step, and if "UAdminMod v0.9b Beta" is not showing up in in your mutators list of the webpanel you need to install this first...

I assume that's where your having problems? Read the instructions again, serverext is simple to install. Download, copy files, edit killingfloor.ini (they refer to the ut ini but its the same thing) as suggested restart server.

And bam you have access to Install the UadminMod mutator in your webadmin now provided you were able to follow the instructions.

I think that's part of my problem; I can't get my Admins and Groups tab to be ungrayed and Serverext never creates the tab (that I can see).
I have followed the directions pretty closely.
I think it has something to do with the fact that I don't have access to Admins and Groups.
<shrugs>

Upvote 0
Sorry but I have to ask why on earth you would want to kick players with a higher ping. Player's with a high ping can have NO effect whatsoever on the server itself and will never cause any additional lag in the Unreal engine.

Basically think of it like this. If you have a fire hose spraying out water, and one person has a small bucket, and one person has a big bucket (the guy with the small bucket being the person with the high ping). The person standing there with the big bucket taking less water will NEVER cause the water hose to slow down the amount of water it sprays. The Unreal engine is the same way. Just because another player is lagging, the server will not be using more bandwidth, or waiting for that player.

Upvote 0
I figured it out.

Nice work, If I hear anything about adding money etc I'll let you know, I do know you can change the amount of starting and minimum starting cash, but this is only for sandbox mode and will disable perk progression.

Sorry but I have to ask why on earth you would want to kick players with a higher ping.
I'd prefer a country filter, but the ping kicker is a workaround.

Why?

1. Language Barriers - For a 6 player game, having players not able to communicate in a common language doesn't fare well for a co-op game.
  2. Community Based - I'm looking to set a server or two up that players can join to meet with other players in the same area/country.
  3. Location - I pay the bills for it to be located in the same country as me, I could have chosen seattle or somewhere else, maybe that's what's really needed.
The majority of our host/isps have setup many many public servers that seem to get packed with american and european players. I'm really curious as to why this is, is it because there a lack of servers setup in your country?

I'm not sure about you, but I myself PREFER joining a low ping server. And when all of the low ping servers are full and 1/3 of them are with 300-400 ping players. I really didn't see the point in doing what most users do and playing on a foreign server when I could just set a few up myself and for other players in the same situation.

It's only one or two servers tops, nothing really to be worried about, and when/if I get it working, I'll clearly mark the servername with that fact.

Player's with a high ping can have NO effect whatsoever on the server itself and will never cause any additional lag in the Unreal engine.

Yep, I know that, but you assume I'm kicking the high pingers because of they are lagging us/the server, that's not it at all. As I stated before I'm just trying to provide a service (that's not free either as I'm sure you know) to and for local players on a few servers that are clearly marked.

Upvote 0
If you have a fire hose spraying out water, and one person has a small bucket, and one person has a big bucket (the guy with the small bucket being the person with the high ping). The person standing there with the big bucket taking less water will NEVER cause the water hose to slow down the amount of water it sprays. The Unreal engine is the same way. Just because another player is lagging, the server will not be using more bandwidth, or waiting for that player.

Yeah, I caught that in the earlier thread about max ping limit.

The Unreal Engine uses UDP (a connectionless protocol).

Upvote 0
Hey guys, just got the ServerExt addon and loving it so far but have one question. When setting the reserved slots is the CDKey Hash option the same as the Global ID I can view on the WebAdmin Player List? This is what I'm assuming already but want to make sure.

To me this would be easier than setting by IP since some of my guildies are located on Campuses and can't get a constant IP address.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys, just got the ServerExt addon and loving it so far but have one question. When setting the reserved slots is the CDKey Hash option the same as the Global ID I can view on the WebAdmin Player List? This is what I'm assuming already but want to make sure.

To me this would be easier than setting by IP since some of my guildies are located on Campuses and can't get a constant IP address.

Use the Global ID from the player list as the CD Key Hash.

Upvote 0
maybe im missing something when putting this into the command line.
here is my command line. anything you see wrong? its crashing the server.
KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?Mutator=UAdminModV095.UAdminMod?VACSecure=false?MaxPlayers=6?AdminName=1?AdminPassword=1ini=KillingFloor.ini multihome=208.167.244.1 port=7707 log=Gameservers.log -nohomedir

yeah this just crashes my server..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well now, I installed it and I get the EXACT same problem!

Code:
Log: Log file open, 05/22/09 12:52:32
Init: Name subsystem initialized
Init: Detected: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1 (Build: 7000)
Init: Version: 3339 (128.29)
Init: Compiled: May 19 2009 17:49:57
Init: Command line: KF-BioticsLab.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=UAdminModV095.UAdminMod
Init: Character set: Unicode
Init: Base directory: C:\tf2dedi\kf\system\
Init: Ini:KillingFloor.ini   UserIni:User.ini
Init: Build label:  Build KillingFloor_Build_[2009-02-09_10.82]
Init: Object subsystem initialized
Log: Executing Class Engine.ServerCommandlet
Log: Browse: KF-BioticsLab.rom?Name=Fire?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewis?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?Mutator=UAdminModV095.UAdminMod
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 51373->51372; refs: 655396
Log: Game class is 'KFGameType'
[COLOR=red]Warning: Failed to load 'XEffects': Can't find file for package 'XEffects'
Warning: Failed to load 'UAdminModV095': Can't find file for package 'XEffects'
Critical: Failed to load 'UAdminModV095': Can't find file for package 'XEffects'
[/COLOR]Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UObject::SafeLoadError
Critical: UObject::GetPackageLinker
Critical: UGameEngine::BuildServerMasterMap
Critical: ULevel::Listen
Critical: Listen
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: UGameEngine::Init
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 93 MByte 203 KByte 134 Bytes from HD took 1.607007 seconds (1.458007 reading, 0.149000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.063000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 05/22/09 12:52:38

Upvote 0