• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Two Servers on One Box?

7707 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7708 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7717 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28852 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8025 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20560 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the underlined ports above may jump 10ports ahead or so if you put up a second server with an above port number than the ordinary on.

Upvote 0
I've actually got 5 instances running from a single install point. I run each instance with ini=<server##>.ini and there we go, each server has it's own configuration now, from one installation...

it na work as far as u dont start using mods and addons.
Altho and regarding the few disk space required by server files I would not recommend to use same files for multiple instances. You need to make sure logging is disabled, that no files will be written by the different processes, etc. Not worth even trying it.

Upvote 0
it na work as far as u dont start using mods and addons.
Altho and regarding the few disk space required by server files I would not recommend to use same files for multiple instances. You need to make sure logging is disabled, that no files will be written by the different processes, etc. Not worth even trying it.

I honestly don't think it'd be a problem. I run all my TF2 and L4D servers like this. I realize KF requires very little disk space, but I'd still rather keep one instance of installation just to keep management simple.

I've been running like this since release now and not experiencing any trouble.

Upvote 0
I honestly don't think it'd be a problem. I run all my TF2 and L4D servers like this. I realize KF requires very little disk space, but I'd still rather keep one instance of installation just to keep management simple.

I've been running like this since release now and not experiencing any trouble.

Mind explaining, in more details, how exactly you do this? I was just thinking of doing the multiple folders per server. But I, like you, would rather have one instance of installation.

So, more details would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Upvote 0