Two Servers on One Box?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

ZzBloopzZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2009
How can I host two servers on one box?

I am using Windows 2008 Server Standard x64 if that helps. Box/bandwidth sufficient enough for two, probably even 3-4.

Thanks!

ZzBloopzZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2009
Would I need to make a whole new folder with server files, or can two servers share the same folder?

Right now it is C:\HLServer\KF.

Would I just make another folder say KF2 and copy/paste everything from KF to that and just change main game port correct?

Tagert

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 13, 2009
Karlskrona, Sweden
www.lern2play.org
7707 UDP/IP (Game Port)
7708 UDP/IP (Query Port)
7717 UDP/IP (GameSpy Query Port)
28852 TCP/IP and UDP (Allows your Server to Connect to the Master Server Browser)
8025 TCP/IP (Port set via ListenPort that your WebAdmin will run on)
20560 UDP/IP (Steam Port)

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the underlined ports above may jump 10ports ahead or so if you put up a second server with an above port number than the ordinary on.

ZzBloopzZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2009
Got it working! Thanks guys!

I just created a new folder KF2, copied everything from original folder with the server files.

Open KillingFloor.ini and changed default 7707 port to 7709, and the WebAdmin port to 8076.

Forwarded port 7709 as UDP on router. Bingo!

B4tm4n

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
servers on one box

servers on one box

did you need to have multiple public IP adresses for each server? Does the master list have a problem with the servers being from the same public IP? or multiple IP adresses on the same NIC?

Packhead

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
I've actually got 5 instances running from a single install point. I run each instance with ini=<server##>.ini and there we go, each server has it's own configuration now, from one installation...

dimitrifrom31

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2009
I've actually got 5 instances running from a single install point. I run each instance with ini=<server##>.ini and there we go, each server has it's own configuration now, from one installation...

it na work as far as u dont start using mods and addons.
Altho and regarding the few disk space required by server files I would not recommend to use same files for multiple instances. You need to make sure logging is disabled, that no files will be written by the different processes, etc. Not worth even trying it.

Packhead

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
it na work as far as u dont start using mods and addons.
Altho and regarding the few disk space required by server files I would not recommend to use same files for multiple instances. You need to make sure logging is disabled, that no files will be written by the different processes, etc. Not worth even trying it.

I honestly don't think it'd be a problem. I run all my TF2 and L4D servers like this. I realize KF requires very little disk space, but I'd still rather keep one instance of installation just to keep management simple.

I've been running like this since release now and not experiencing any trouble.

Chameleon

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 15, 2009
I honestly don't think it'd be a problem. I run all my TF2 and L4D servers like this. I realize KF requires very little disk space, but I'd still rather keep one instance of installation just to keep management simple.

I've been running like this since release now and not experiencing any trouble.

Mind explaining, in more details, how exactly you do this? I was just thinking of doing the multiple folders per server. But I, like you, would rather have one instance of installation.

So, more details would be much appreciated. Thanks!