• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Twisted Christmas - and Harchier

Here I was thinking that the less TWI change, the less people have to complain about...
All across the forums I read, "Stop with the silly event maps and the stupid DLC if you can't even fix some bugs! No stupid weapons, just give us some maps, you can't stuff that up"
Then it happens and TWI have 'ruined xmas'.

Didn't a huge event just end? With new map, weapons, character, trailer, everything.
How quickly do you expect TWI to be able to pump out amazing and balanced material AND look after their RO projects and fanbase at the same time?

Upvote 0
Really appreciate all the bug fixes, I got so pissed off with those at one point I stopped playing for about 8 months so I'm really glad to see those getting sorted.

It's good to see that the events are still going after all these years but I don't really get why the community maps. I've got them from the workshop anyway so this has made no changes for me other than achievements which I'm not really bothered with.

Upvote 0
Disappointment

Disappointment

Were you trying to make a statement by releasing a map with upside down crosses in it for Christmas. Not cool. The Hell map also has absolutely nothing to do with the storyline either. You know, the whole London, England, Horzine Biotech thing. If people want to take the storyline away from the original with mods/maps, hey thats their choice. I'd rather see Tripwire stick to the storyline though.

Upvote 0
There's actually a text file with the background story to the game. At least I remember reading it. But yeah, not much else to it.

Anyway, I was happy to see that Tripwire added some community made maps again, but I'm sad to say that they're nowhere near the quality of the maps from the Grindhouse competition. You can see they didn't have any time for this event, but I'd rather see nothing new at all than bringing in maps like Hell. The map is so ugly! The lighting is so bad everything is just red including the enemies, unless they're next to you you're not going to see their colors at all. Then you have objects pop up in the distance out of nowhere, which has never happened on any other map. How the map plays... I'm not sure other than it's really large and easy, but it's gonna be one of those maps that you play for the event and then never again.

Forgotten is better, I like it and it reminds me of Waterworks, but the spawns seem to be broken. When I played, the enemies were just coming from one way even though the other way was really large. With some more work it could be a solid map.

Upvote 0
I'm also happy the new harchier guy thing is back. Not because I want him, but because people can quit *****ing to tripwire about him. It's an ugly *** skin that was supposed to be promotional only, but no, people want this ugly skin instead of better looking ones like the Grim Reaper or Steampunk Mrs. Foster. I don't see any problems with one time releases of items in TF2, there really shouldn't have been any complaining here.

I can't speak for the others but all I wanted was to get rid of that greyed out block on my character selection screen for OCD sake!

Upvote 0
Were you trying to make a statement by releasing a map with upside down crosses in it for Christmas. Not cool. The Hell map also has absolutely nothing to do with the storyline either. You know, the whole London, England, Horzine Biotech thing. If people want to take the storyline away from the original with mods/maps, hey thats their choice. I'd rather see Tripwire stick to the storyline though.

I actually liked the hell map quite a bit. its fixing to be my favorite besides mountainside. as for upside down crosses, i sincerely doubt anyone was making any sort of statement, though if i remember correctly, they were in the HELL map. you know, in HELL, where the demons live.

the only thing i am unhappy about is that the hunting rifle, moss12, ithica 37, and ump have not been added. all balance, extremely popular whitelisted items. i think that adding these guns would add a much needed rebalancing in the game.

ump would be a firebug weapon.

i would pay 3.99 for such a pack gladly. if the people at tripwire are interested in making money, they should consider selling these extremely popular weapons in a expansion pack to cover labor costs for intergration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About The Baller (ball character): I'm happy I got chance to play as him, although it's missing ball gun it's still good.

I don't care that there are no new xmas maps. We already have evil santa and icecave as well as moonbase. I prefer 2 non-xmas themed maps over one xmas map.

Why do you complane if they added community made maps? I think they should work with more community mappers, and add more of their maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Why do you complane if they added community made maps? I think they should work with more community mappers, and add more of their maps.
I think they should work with the mod community much better as a whole, not just one aspect. Poosh and or Marco need to be hired for QA / Lead Coder. Theres so many un-whitelisted mutators in the mod section that fix a lot of the trivial bugs with the game such as grenade arms. So many mutators that should just be integrated. So many more mutators that should be whitelisted for server owners to use without fear of breaking whitelist.

As far as mapping goes - I don't complain that they used community maps or even used hell and forgotten. Its the relative time frame they chose hell and forgotten for. If anything they should have held onto them until the end of the update time and released them with another 2 maps for a new set of maps for a mappack achievement. SBD's maps are pretty high quality and could be packed together on their own. They just don't belong on xmas, thats it.

If TWI wants to outsource this game to the mod community, I'm totally fine with that. But they need not endorse just 2 people for weapon packs and one person for maps.

Upvote 0
Storyline

Storyline

Psst Ronco. It's Killing Floor. There's no storyline.

There's bios for people who get bored of shooting zombies want to read before going back to shooting zombies.
And there's a little from mod days if you wanna get technical...

Since Tripwire has taken the game over it has had a storyline. Their official site has had it on it since 2009. Check it out here https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://killingfloorthegame.com
It is still on it here.
http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/overview/

Because it is non-linear gameplay though it comes through as more of a theme in some of the maps.
Core-maps Offices and Biotics lab
Summer 09 map Wyre (Secret Horzine Research facility)
From the Grindhouse comp came Hospital (supposedly by the Offices) Also Biohazard if you look around in it, it is a Horzine facility also.

2010 It took a tangent with the Santa thing
Santas evil lair and Icecave

2012 Moonbase I guess Evil Santa escaped there after his Icecave was destroyed. Who knows. Its a good map and who doesn't like low-grav every once in a while.

So far most of the holiday events have stuck within the theme of the holidays or the maps could of been in the London area.

For me personally the Hell map just don't cut it and like I said before for my beliefs I don't like the upside down cross thing. I think it is disrespectful on Christmas. Some people may like that I don't. Just my opinion as many people like the map. Also wouldn't this have been more of a Halloween map, then I could of understood a Hell map. The map story could have been a portal opened and you have to fight your way out of Hell. The map is too bright all orange and don't seem gloomy enough like all the other maps. More lava type fire pits with a lower overhead lighting would have been better IMO.

Forgotten on the other hand fits right in. All cities have sewers. The only problem I have had is that when you get a good team together. It seems kind of easy, you don't find your self getting over whelmed and swarmed that much. Especially if you are on the yellow platform by the big statue and trader. Maybe it's best at harder levels I'll have to try. Also the map seems like it would be better suited for a 32-64 player Death-match type game.

Tripwire is a great company that provides unprecedented support and follow up on their games. I love the fact that they keep adding DLCs and updates on a game I've been able to play for so long. That's why I have 2 public and 1 private dedicated servers. I also have a RO2/RS Dedicated server. Thats another game that is like a gift that keeps giving and probably the best tactical fps out there IMO. I just think they could have chose a better suited map from the community for this holiday event.

Almost forgot thanks Tripwire for my new Harchier Character. I've been haunted by his locked character for years even though I bought it right after release. From now on you will have my preorder on your games.

Upvote 0
what for? whyyyy? in out team 8 people and rebeat maps everytime is too hard. 6 players, 2 coordinators.

leave at least 1 or 2 spectators can get. wtf? cheaters all the same use SAM.

Ok so basically I will randomly join servers (cause I know I can grab achievements I didn't work for) and grab a few. Is this ok? No of course it's not. If you want the achievement, go and earn it.

Upvote 0

Hey, uhhh, Ronco? I don't wanna alarm you, or rain on your complaining parade here, but umm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter

You should REALLY LEARN what you're talking about before spouting off. The upside down cross is the 'Cross of St. Peter', meaning it's a Christian symbol...not a Satanic symbol as popular culture has pushed it to be (why and how, I've no idea).

Upvote 0