• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Twisted Christmas - and Harchier

As a player who doesn't own The Ball you can get the achievement by playing with somebody who does. We also tried to add a viral component so you could get it by playing with somebody who already had the achievement, however we were not currently able to do so with out the steam back end works(so we had to remove that part at the last minute). But there should be no shortage of players who have The Ball character (alternate) at this point to help you get the achievement.
I unlocked Bunglebuck Archfeld from the pre-order of The Ball, does it matter if I use the original character or does it have to be the new one?

Upvote 0
Well...

Well...

Terrible update imo. Was really looking forward to a well thought out Christmas map and maybe a kfo, instead we get two grind maps that have been around for a while that aren't even related to the xmas event, not to mention the horrible spawns on both maps. Hell is just awful, so uneven and a headache of a map. No creative achievements... just 'complete x on x difficulty'. No idea who the new character is or what the deal is with him, but not to fond of an achievement based on a character skin. All in all very dissapointed especially since many players practically threw our money at you for recent DLC.

I was however very happy to see the old xmas zeds return, I was really hoping they wouldn't be re-skinned like the Halloween zeds. All just my opinion about the update, not trying to start a war... :IS2:

Upvote 0
DAR character still has to be selected every round.

You still can't vote for KF maps once you're in KFO mode (not possible to run a mixed mode server with map vote without an unofficial 3rd party mod).

On the other hand, it makes me wonder who even plays in 3rd person mode and why any time was spent fixing anything in it.

Upvote 0
  1. No broken mods this time. Everything is working fine.
  2. Finally we got new non-event official maps to play. First time since 2010!
  3. Harchier Spebbington problem solved. At least partially.

This update is amazing!

Yeah, I also like this X-Mas event, no further weird stuff but KF-Hell. Personally, I just don't like that theme in KF.
Sadly, there has not been an update to the whitelist.

Upvote 0
I'm also happy the new harchier guy thing is back. Not because I want him, but because people can quit *****ing to tripwire about him. It's an ugly *** skin that was supposed to be promotional only, but no, people want this ugly skin instead of better looking ones like the Grim Reaper or Steampunk Mrs. Foster. I don't see any problems with one time releases of items in TF2, there really shouldn't have been any complaining here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So uh, this update is just like a teaser, right? And the Christmas zeds are here early just 'cause, right? This is all a warm-up for the actual Christmas 2013 update that happens in a week, right? Please tell me I'm right :D

I want to believe this guy. In all my heart. If it could be true. I'd delete my own reply here.. But..

If the humble fans of TWI will politely restrain themselves. I have to point out that TWI broke the old gift giving rule as far as "Double Gifting" goes. Two community maps and a recycled skin is almost like giving someone that bar of soap you got for last Christmas that you never used.

Just admit your disappointed here folks. Tripwire isn't going to take away your birthday for it. So be honest here, we all had some kind of expectation within Tripwire's power to achieve and do what they can. This is really lowering the bar. So, if they don't want my money, that's alright with me. I was hoping I could at least get a FN P90M for my Medic and a new Uzi for my Firebug this Christmas. Here we are with two perks that could've benefited from this.

*inb4 someone blatantly giving me the "LIKE WHAT YOU GET" speech totally trying to cover someone's lazy attempt at "Christmas" update... This isn't called entitlement for some children who keep using the word "entitlement" nope, this is called "Being let down." It may also be TWI letting us know the tap has run dry. Guess it was nice while it lasted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So uh, this update is just like a teaser, right? And the Christmas zeds are here early just 'cause, right? This is all a warm-up for the actual Christmas 2013 update that happens in a week, right? Please tell me I'm right :D
Spoiler!

I want to, I really do. But that would just be crazy.

Upvote 0
  1. No broken mods this time. Everything is working fine.
  2. Finally we got new non-event official maps to play. First time since 2010!
  3. Harchier Spebbington problem solved. At least partially.

This update is amazing!
damn straight! And due to how Harchier is (sorta) Accessable to everyone, people won't make threads about unlocking Harchier! It's a win win to everyone!

Upvote 0
Just admit your disappointed here folks.
Fine, im disappointed.
But, this event just came TOO EARLY, it only started on Dec 5, thats just too soon, most of the time we expect the event from the last weeks of a month.

This event chould have been better, i expected something crazier when i saw "Hell" i was like
"Whoa, TWI is gonna go all out on this one"...and no, it was just a map from 2009.
Not hating on SBD, he is one badass mapper, as i said, Forgotten is one of my fav maps made by him.

A lack of a objective mode map? I know there is like...no one actually making any maps for it...and now even TWI didnt make one either? What gives?

Not a single weapon DLC? thats just weird, i was really expecting a new weapon pack (new or reskin). I know people will fling **** if they did...but i don't care.

Worse of all, we dont even get new music from zynthetic.

This is by far the worse EVENT update ever.
Also, we wait for a MAJOR fix/update when the events roll in...and there was barly anything fixed...even Forgotten is broken.

Thats exactly how i felt when i saw the update.
The Twisted Christmas event shouldnt start for another 2 weeks, until then, this is just a simple update.
If this is a teaser, TWI, dont do this **** again, we are all losing it, everyone is saying this is a sign that KF is done...and not just on these forums either i seen other people saying this on other websites.

One of the reasons why I loved Tripwire was their awesome trailers for the events but this time they didn't even do that, I'm quite sad about this event.
Thats because there is nothing to showcase for the trailer. Its gonna be hard to make a decent video when all your doing is show casing 2 "new" maps and a tie-in-DLC character.

It's a win win to everyone!
The reason people made those thread was because they were completionist, they had their games on 100% with the exception of this
4v2tkz.jpg

All this update did was add another tie-in DLC character, this solved nothing since this icon will still haunt players.
Even though they can delete his file or edit it to not even show.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for ruining xmas event tripwire, nothing is more lame than releasing maps that you did not work on, let alone didn't hold an event for. I wonder sometimes if Tripwire is trying to kill it's fanbase off, just so they can finally announce Killing Floor's sequel, just so they don't have to support the older game, I mean seriously, they least you guys could do is add a new zed, it's been forever since you guys put in the husk, give us something new that isn't paid for DLC, I mean the people buy your DLC regardless. Also since this update, the game actually lags worse than the previous update, & I can max this game easily..... so there is no reason for making the game actually worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0