• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Twisted christmas 2, yay or nay?

Twisted christmas 2, yay or nay?

• Total voters

Carl Gustav

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
What would you guys think if TWI released another twisted christmas update on december. In my opinion, that update was really fun and great, i was soo addicted to KF back then.
Let's say, the update would include new (or the same as last year) zed models, new christmas themed map, achievements and a character, which will be unlocked with achievements. Plus a KF sale on steam.

So, yay or nay.
I'd say yay :IS2:

P.S. Mods: That's not a suggestion or an idea. I'm just questioning other people's opinions on that update. So i think this thread belongs to the 'general' section.

Last edited:

C_Gibby

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2010
I actually don't mind personally, but a lot of people are asking it due to not being able to get Santa last time, so I will just say "yes." I mean why not, right?

fumiko

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2010
i prefer all new update
new theme map
new unlockable event character
new [SIZE=-1]achievements
new DLC character pack
add 4 new custom maps as offical
or add 4 new TWI maps is best
[/SIZE]

Entangler

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I actually don't mind personally, but a lot of people are asking it due to not being able to get Santa last time, so I will just say "yes." I mean why not, right?
That. It doesn't affect me either way, but other people might as well get another shot at those achievements (or their first shot, if they weren't around then). Anyway, it was confirmed a long time ago that the Christmas achievements would be available again this year, so I guess that's that.

Deadbolt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 23, 2008
I think I remember reading a TWI post recently saying something about them hearing sleigh bells ringing, in regards to kf.

Necro-71

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 14, 2010
I would love to have new Twisted Christmas Event simmiliar to Halloween Team Fortress 2 one. I mean like everything that players ware able to do year ago will be avilible now + new maps and achieves for this year. If it would be same event as year ago it would be w/e for me couse i alredy did everything there, so i would wish merry gaming to other players but i, myself would pass on it.

Pendragon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 11, 2011
Australia
Last edited:

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
If events repeat, then they could become a tradition.

Perhaps not just in Killing Floor, but other TWI games.

Maybe even games made by other companies :eek:

ro_sauce

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 26, 2007
bwhgaming.com
please no more events, no more new achievements, just actual content updates would be much better.

every time there's an event i have to recode my mutators, and its becoming a hassle.

Reactions: Jake74

aesdana

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 18, 2006
ssa
Using my strong sense of logical thinking, taking into account the status of KF and related TWI products such as RO 2, my expectations of the event are this (which should prove to be accurate considering I am extremely intelligent):

The Christmas event will return, bringing back the Christmas Zeds, though we will not see any new additions to achievements or guns etc.

The reason for this is because such a large portion of the KF community did not get to play KF for long during the last Christmas event, and also taking into account all the work being done on RO 2 at this particular time.

So, Christmas event will bring back the Zeds - nothing more.

Personally I find this to be completely acceptable as I feel more additions to KF *at this time* would be a little over the top.

Tally ho *****es.

EpharGy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 3, 2011
Australia
www.sykosis.co.uk
Using my strong sense of logical thinking, taking into account the status of KF and related TWI products such as RO 2, my expectations of the event are this (which should prove to be accurate considering I am extremely intelligent):

The Christmas event will return, bringing back the Christmas Zeds, though we will not see any new additions to achievements or guns etc.

The reason for this is because such a large portion of the KF community did not get to play KF for long during the last Christmas event, and also taking into account all the work being done on RO 2 at this particular time.

So, Christmas event will bring back the Zeds - nothing more.

Personally I find this to be completely acceptable as I feel more additions to KF *at this time* would be a little over the top.

Tally ho *****es.
Wasn't the Xmas event the longest running of them so far, if there's nothing new in the event, I'd rather have original zeds

FluX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 26, 2010
www.fluxiservice.com
I must agree, I wouldn't complain in the slightest if it came back. I love how TWI atleast bothers to give us these "bonuses" even if it's a new specimen change because think, what other developers do something like this? It fits the christmas spirit and that is what christmas is about so stop whining you little newbs :p

Gartley

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 27, 2010
UK
www.wildcardproductionstudios.co.uk
While it doesn't effect my playing of the game I certainly don't mind the return of the xmas event. I think it's nice that a game like KF gets the attention. Not to mention those Gingerfasts creeped me right out. XD

[Crimson_Deity]

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 8, 2011
yea!

i dont want to kill the same zeds over and over again for the next year before i see some haloween stufff again :I

Lewt

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 5, 2010
I think it's -about- a guarantee that the old Christmas specimens and achievements are coming back, however I honestly don't have an opinion as to whether we're getting a "baddest-er" santa or more achievements. TWI has thrown too many curveballs in the recent past.

peterklogborg

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2011
is this last years xmas event, the return of it.

is this last years xmas event, the return of it.

http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/xmas/
I looks like it uses the same dates as last year - but i planing a "shot some christmasElves party" i would like to know when it starts - if it starts so I can plan ahead.

swenor27

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 1, 2011
Poznań, Poland
That is generally good idea, however You are expecting A LOT from TWI - that is just a lot of work. I am happy if I am able to get last year's Xmass achievements - those are the only I am missing (+ Golden Potato - but that is a different story), but I will not say NO to new content whatever it is.