• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI, you remind me of Bungie.

EA UK = If it wasn't in BF2, it's a betrayal of everything that Battlefield is stands for and DICE have sold out to the man and/or are dumbing the game down to attract CoD players.

TWI forums = If it wasn't in RO1, it's a betrayal of everything that Red Orchestra stands for and TWI have sold out to the man and/or are dumbing the game down to attract CoD players.

Very similar communities to be honest.

No, the cover system was not in RO:OST, yet I think it's a great addition. I find it funny how people accuse RO:OST vets of wanting 'RO:OST with better graphics', as opposed to what...RO:OST with CoD and BC2 features?

Upvote 0
I've a simple suggestion:

Those that want a WWII FPS simulation with prototypical behavior equalled by none, buy RO2.

Those that want something else; either code it yourself or go out and find it.
The rest of us will be on the servers enjoying the heck out of this.

Kids...

*hive five*

I love this game!

Regarding the "laser SMG" issue, can you people seriously hit a target at that distance in the game everytime? Because I can't, I have tried.
I can burst some bullets towards people and usually it kills them at that distance, but by no means is that a 1 hit kill, and it certainly doesn't work every time. Just where are you guys getting this idea from? Just bloody try it in an empty server and count how many times your ONE bullet is able to hit someone 100+.

Upvote 0
Some of you all are true, honest to god, derps. I mean really, I can't believe some of you managed to live so long.

So that actor was one of the people in WW2 at the time? I dont think so. Was he in the same condition as the average soldier at that time, did he get all the training, was he in a true battle condition with adrenaline pumping etc etc

I dont think so

None of you must have ever ran through rubble, or even through a forest, before. It is the biggest pain in the *** that most people will try to avoid. Your boots will slip on partly broken bricks like you're walking on marbles. Your balance will be the most screwed it will ever be because you'll never find a spot where the ground is actually equal. In rubble, you don't full blown run unless you want rebar or concrete going through/smashing your head when you trip.

Btw User, I have never heard, nor seen any soldier actually trained to run in rubble in any time period. Adrenaline doesn't make you into a superhuman, and it doesn't last as long as people say it does. It won't make you magically know how to probably walk on brick and stone without tripping or struggling.

Just more people on the internet talking about stuff they know nothing about...

Uh, I have no problem accelerating to running speed almost immediately even with gear on me.

...speaking of which.

About time it takes to bring up iron sights, it seems like people's issue arn't about the time it takes to actually shoulder the rifle, but the lack of human error in straightening the sights out. It's not rocket surgery to look down the barrel of a rifle, but getting the front and rear sight posts alined does not happen instantly.

However, I doubt adding a delay in sight alinement will do anything to gameplay, so I have no problem looking over such a little thing.

Reactions: Six_Ten and Justd1e
Upvote 0
*hive five*

I love this game!

Regarding the "laser SMG" issue, can you people seriously hit a target at that distance in the game everytime? Because I can't, I have tried.
I can burst some bullets towards people and usually it kills them at that distance, but by no means is that a 1 hit kill, and it certainly doesn't work every time. Just where are you guys getting this idea from? Just bloody try it in an empty server and count how many times your ONE bullet is able to hit someone 100+.

See the problem is that most of these people complaining about overly high accuracy basically take one or two examples where they or someone else got lucky and then apply a sort of "magic logic" within their own heads to eventually come to the conclusion that everyone can always kill all the time at 200 meters with an MP-40.

Those people are being silly.

Upvote 0
We repeatedly inform the community on what we are working on.

Right now our primary focus is on stats, voip, optimizations and crashes.

As to the "lazer" guns, you can't have this both ways. Either people want weapons that behave realistically, or they don't. We got yelled at for years about inaccuracies in RO 1, so we fixed them in RO 2. Every weapon in game behaves very close to their real life counterparts in the hands of a soldier.
Perhaps the weapons behave closely to their real life counterparts, but that doesn't mean that player avatars do. It's been said repeatedly that the problems aren't as much with the guns themselves as they are with how easy it is to use them.

Using the MP40 as an example, just because an MP40 is potentially CAPABLE of hitting a target at 200m (though still quite a stretch) doesn't mean that a mortal human being who is in a warzone surrounded by the chaos of battle would be able to do it. If that were the case, any soldier with somewhat modern weapons would be incredibly dangerous at 800m, but this simply isn't the case. Soldiers aren't the machines that they are in RO2.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graphic
Upvote 0
EA UK = If it wasn't in BF2, it's a betrayal of everything that Battlefield is stands for and DICE have sold out to the man and/or are dumbing the game down to attract CoD players.

TWI forums = If it wasn't in RO1, it's a betrayal of everything that Red Orchestra stands for and TWI have sold out to the man and/or are dumbing the game down to attract CoD players.
Overall after release TWI's responses about gameplay elements became as vague and unhelpful as the one's from DICE on twitter, only SasQuatch is still leet (and even plays the game).

Upvote 0
TBH, I usually rape people with MKBs, but these are in pub matches. Good players with an MKB destroy.

I just wish TWI would at least put the option to disable the thing server-side. You'd make everyone happy that way.

I have no problem whatsoever with the accuracy of guns though in-game. RO1's accuracy for SMGs in particular was a joke.

Upvote 0
Right, typing takes so much effort.. knowing "that and that wont be changed, mod it", is less frustrating than sitting w/o answer with a 19 page thread.

Ever tried real life? I hear it's fun too.
Real life for the development team right now means well over 40 hours of work per week, and they do this for a living.

So move out of your mom's house and stop feeling so entitled to everything. There's not a single damn day a dev doesn't post something on this forum, and that's all anyone needs to ask of them right now.

Their priority right now is to address your concerns, not sit around typing replies to your whiney posts. Do you understand? They do this for a LIVING. It's their income, it's their work.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
The smg's in WW 2 tended to be combat effective out to 150 to 200 meters. That means, you can hit what you shoot at at that range, and expect to damage it.

Mhh... I have somewhat of an old black and white MP40 manual laying around here, and in it it says:

Effective range against small targets: up to 100m

Effective range against big targets: up to 150m

Small targets = human sized targets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0