• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI, you remind me of Bungie.

Well the reality is that there are people who are COMPLETE IDIOTS who somehow managed to find their way to a games forums just so they can sackride the developers into keeping the game they want it to be.

i.e. Reloladins from WoW, Armor Lock fanboys in Halo: Reach

The reality is that the majority of intelligent posters on the site really care about the game, and that's why they post here.

So if we don't agree with you, we're [insert derogatory label here] and we're not here because we care about the game.

And if we agree with you, not only are we smart, we honestly care about the game?

I think the only sackriding going on here is by the supposed "smart" people who agree with your troll. You can believe the game needs rebalancing without being an elitist douche. Or maybe you can't.

Upvote 0
We repeatedly inform the community on what we are working on.

Right now our primary focus is on stats, voip, optimizations and crashes.

As to the "lazer" guns, you can't have this both ways. Either people want weapons that behave realistically, or they don't. We got yelled at for years about inaccuracies in RO 1, so we fixed them in RO 2. Every weapon in game behaves very close to their real life counterparts in the hands of a soldier.
...so you give 5 out of 10 soldiers a very rare mkb.42 in his hands. Yea, way to go when talking about inaccuracies.

Excuse the sarcasm.

Upvote 0
What's wrong with that, it may be a movie but it's real life example and it depicts realistic movement of soldiers in ww2. You can especially see it at 7:14 when a soldiers runs as fast as he can and is nowhere near fast as in RO2.
So that actor was one of the people in WW2 at the time? I dont think so. Was he in the same condition as the average soldier at that time, did he get all the training, was he in a true battle condition with adrenaline pumping etc etc

I dont think so

Reactions: Dr.Phibes
Upvote 0
Who the hell needs a proof? Its common sense you cant sprint so fast over rubble, in tight hallways like the basements of Station or over stairs, all with equipment and what not.
Not to mention it screws up those poor 10 guys per team that use bolts EVEN MORE and makes everything too fast paced, hell, even in FH2 and BC2 people run much slower.

Upvote 0
As to the "lazer" guns, you can't have this both ways. Either people want weapons that behave realistically, or they don't. We got yelled at for years about inaccuracies in RO 1, so we fixed them in RO 2. Every weapon in game behaves very close to their real life counterparts in the hands of a soldier.

That's just theory. It does not translate into realistic gameplay. The gun itself might be super realistic, but you failed to take into account that the guy shooting it is a stressed, scared, tired or maybe injured soldier, not a guy sitting at his computer desk aiming with a pinpoint accurate optic mouse.

If the battle of Stalingrad was anything like this game, it would have been over in 5 days instead of 5 months.

Upvote 0
For those of you whining about speed, can you even imagine what it would be like to move like a brick through these battlefields. The maps are huge and its already easy enough to hit moving targets. I use the bolt action exclusively and i hit 1/2 full sprint targets. Just think of how easy it would be if you ran slower, the semi/auto crew would rip people to shreds without effort.

Upvote 0
For those of you whining about speed, can you even imagine what it would be like to move like a brick through these battlefields. The maps are huge and its already easy enough to hit moving targets. I use the bolt action exclusively and i hit 1/2 full sprint targets. Just think of how easy it would be if you ran slower, the semi/auto crew would rip people to shreds without effort.

I'm not against the sprint speed, but currently there is no acceleration/deceleration factors to take into account when you sprint. There is also no penalty to turning while sprinting, so you can run at full sprint speed and do a complete 180 like it's nothing. These were features I had hoped would be in RO2. They've spent so much time on realistic bullet physics that I think they forgot about realistic movement physics. What is the point of having realistic bullet physics when you can unrealistically move around the battlefield?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not against the sprint speed, but currently there is no acceleration/deceleration factors to take into account when you sprint. There is also no penalty to turning while sprinting, so you can run at full sprint speed and do a complete 180 like it's nothing. These were features I had hoped would be in RO2. They've spent so much time on realistic bullet physics that I think they forgot about realistic movement physics.

No doubt. Like when you know an enemy is heading into your room from an adjacent room, and you move to the corner of the wall the doorway sits on, then the guy turns the corner at 20 MPH and bayonets you before you've really even seen him.

Upvote 0
We repeatedly inform the community on what we are working on.

Right now our primary focus is on stats, voip, optimizations and crashes.

I am a big supporter of the game. But it feels more like a 3/4 finished mod than a professional 40 USD game. I think it was released too soon, but I also support the comment, "if you think the game was released too soon, go away and come back in 2 months." For me, I'll just keep playing at it and wait to see which glitch is fixed with which patch.

Keep up the good work. I think the game will be fantastic in a few weeks, and I am prepared to wait that long.

But I must take issue with your statement that the weapons are as accurate as real life weapons.

I will make my counter argument in the form of screenshots.

i-hdvWhFb-XL.jpg

i-32VzTzR-XL.jpg

What are the chances of making 190 metre kill with an MP40? Bloody hell, what are the chances you could make a kill at 190 feet? What are the chances you could hit a 10 metre circle with one round from an MP40 at 190 metres? That's 623 feet, for you yanks. Or two and 1/4 American football fields.

Upvote 0
LOL @ the guys complaining about running speed.

Ever tried running? It's not hard to run far, even holding a gun and some gear. The game already brings your speed down a little, to a jogging pace, once you run for not even that long at all. After about 1 hour of jogging with a gun i'd imagine i'd be jogging too, but WAY longer than the game already portrays.

Stop being a bunch of out of shape sloths on the PC all day and it might just seem a little more real.

Reactions: Kashash
Upvote 0
Is the running speed going to be toned down? Beacuse the way is right now is extremely unrealistic, there's no way you could run that fast. And it makes the game very fast paced and arcadish.

You can see it there for instance.
Stalingrad movie - Storming the Factory - YouTube

They're all not using their "run"- key because they know IRL they'd have more sway when aiming after that.;)

Upvote 0
You shouldn't be able to instantly sprint, the sprinting speed should be increasing gradually. There should be a bigger time gap between sprinting mode and bringing back your weapon to the hip position so it wouldn't encourage players to sprint and shoot like in that call of red orchestra video. And some penalty when running on small bumps, rubble or uneven terrain.

Reactions: vyyye
Upvote 0
You may have made the firearms realistic but you haven't taken any account of what's required to be accurate with a real one, which is why the death-rate/incapacitation in the game massively exceeds that of a real battle.

Jesus christ...

"which is why the death-rate/incapacitation in the game massively exceeds that of a real battle."

That might be because...
it's a game?

Upvote 0
You shouldn't be able to instantly sprint, the sprinting speed should be increasing gradually. There should be a bigger time gap between sprinting mode and bringing back your weapon to the hip position so it wouldn't encourage players to sprint and shoot like in that call of red orchestra video. And some penalty when running on small bumps, rubble or uneven terrain.

Uh, I have no problem accelerating to running speed almost immediately even with gear on me.

Upvote 0