• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI, why no make Offical Bots for KF?

botskiller16

Jul 2, 2010
So, the question is a title of topic. Why don't make smarter bots for killing floor? Some problems: slow internet connection, fully servers, high ping etc... (me too), the bots mutator is good-good, but not the best. bots dont work in group, little stupids, they cant survive the easy wave etc. Why? I can't play killing floor.

Reactions: borsdy
2zixb3c.png

Upvote 0
I want to play killing floor with smart bots! :D

I doubt an official release will happen. I imagine a lot of work would be required seeing as there are lots of factors to take into account:

Bots would need to be programmed on how to use the trader, weld and heal efficiently, etc, etc. I've played Marco's bot mod and it's pretty good. Not perfect and the bots are pretty limited, but it's ok to have a laugh with.

Upvote 0
I've always thought "smart bots" in first person shooters were mutually exclusive words...

Getting bots to accurately mimic what a human player can do is really hard (or maybe my amateur attempts at coding really does suck). Tripwire also probably never expected anyone to ever play single player mode, so we can expect the arrival of decent bots to be a loooonggg time off.

Upvote 0
In Red Orchestra 2: HoS have offical bots. Maker TWI. but in KF not. Why?

Because RO2 and KF are entirely different games and the bots would have to be very, very different from each other to work, plus it took them freaking ages to make the RO2 bots, and they're not even that great, and they never have been in any multiplayer-focused game ever. KF will be a lot worse.

Reactions: jd641 and Entangler
Upvote 0
Why not convert KF to fully automated mode, where A.I. bots are fighting A.I. zeds and players could skip wasting their life on gaming?.. :rolleyes:

Oh God, you just reminded me of those old Deathmatch Classic servers where bots with AI chat plugin talk to each other.

Poor automated souls keep killing each other and talking to each other not realizing they will never stop the endless bloodshed in their infinity, pointless lives...

Upvote 0
Oh God, you just reminded me of those old Deathmatch Classic servers where bots with AI chat plugin talk to each other.

Poor automated souls keep killing each other and talking to each other not realizing they will never stop the endless bloodshed in their infinity, pointless lives...

Yea i still remember those days where players join the server and talk to the bots without realising they are bots.

Lol.

Upvote 0