• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI pls bring detachable bayonets back!!

TheMarshal

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 23, 2014
Pls Twi one of the coolest features of Ro Ost was that we were able do attach detach our bayonets. I hate it how its handled in Ro2 Vanilla, that we can only start with it or without it. The Community would love this feature again.
The IOM team managed to get it working in their Mod, so TWI pls add it as a future feature to the game. It takes the of the whole gaming experience to a new higher level.
G41 wip animations - YouTube

never put the effort to reply to this topic but im sure lots of people with mosins know, it is not always the easiest to remove the bayonet after its been fixed on, depends on the rifle but mines all matching and ive had a very hard time removing it. if you maybe work on yours it could be easier but for an animation you would have to sit there for a good amount of time trying to take the thing off haha, not as clickity dickity as RO1.

Upvote 0
never put the effort to reply to this topic but im sure lots of people with mosins know, it is not always the easiest to remove the bayonet after its been fixed on, depends on the rifle but mines all matching and ive had a very hard time removing it.

Almost all Mosins are refurbs. Even if they have their matching bayonets, which unfortunately most sellers don't care about matching bayonets to their rifles, the bayonets were refinished during refurb. Just the extra bit of bluing on the inside of the bayonet and outside of the barrel can make it hard to put it on and off.

Upvote 0
*Puts the bayonet on each time they spawn. Or doesn't and suffers no ill consequences because all melee attacks do over 100 damage anyways*

The Joke:
Being able to change animation of the generally under-used melee attack should have been first priority. This little animation made RO:Ost what it is today; without it, I doubt people would have played the game at all. This animation trumps all other things and would make the game...unique...

IMO this is a non issue. Sure go ahead and pledge for TWI to add it, but for my sanity, let me spawn with it on so I don't have to give two monkeys that the animation exists at all.

Upvote 0
*Puts the bayonet on each time they spawn. Or doesn't and suffers no ill consequences because all melee attacks do over 100 damage anyways*

The Joke:
Being able to change animation of the generally under-used melee attack should have been first priority. This little animation made RO:Ost what it is today; without it, I doubt people would have played the game at all. This animation trumps all other things and would make the game...unique...

IMO this is a non issue. Sure go ahead and pledge for TWI to add it, but for my sanity, let me spawn with it on so I don't have to give two monkeys that the animation exists at all.

At this point its a non-issue after three years because it won't happen in the stock game. Its just wishful daydreaming.

However, the joke is on the people who you can see from a distance because the bayonet sticks out past the corner of a wall. They think they are hidden, but you know they are there and just wait for them to make their move, then they cry some wall hack that you saw them coming.

Since so much time was spent farting around with perks/progressions/etc, it wasn't so much to hope for when the game was released to have removable bayonets when the previous game had it. In fact, it looks sort of bad when you aren't able to put past features in a game with a supposedly newer and better engine.

Upvote 0
Imagine having to press a key in an FPS at the start of every respawn making you unable to run, with the same tiresome animation time and time again.

Fixed that for you. I am really glad that they will never revert it to the unimportant nuisance setup from RO1. It's not realistic either, for all you know the platoon already had set up her bayonets before the battle.

Upvote 0
Fixed that for you. I am really glad that they will never revert it to the unimportant nuisance setup from RO1. It's not realistic either, for all you know the platoon already had set up her bayonets before the battle.

Sure, because you have unlimited running and sprinting in the game, there is never a moment that you stop, or just jog, or anything else to where you can attach or remove the bayonet. After all, the game is just sprinting toward your enemy and engaging in bayonet combat. All this stuff about firing guns at range, or trying to hide, or other stuff is for other games :rolleyes:

I mean, after all, if you always want your bayonet attached, everyone else must also, right? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
What you're doing is some type of tu quoque argument. Just because there's other disruptions in the flow of battle does not mean this one should exist. It is more disruptive and tedious to have it happen at the start of every, single respawn. Which means delayed time till you reach your position (and to your exhaustion which you drag on about), compared to your enemy who has lived.

It just adds more tedious, pointless delay, while it's not even realistic per se as explained before. The extra few centimeters do not matter in any case, not in the game at least.

My thanks to Tripwire for streamlining this part of the gameplay.

I mean, after all, if you always want your bayonet attached, everyone else must also, right?

That's how it worked in the Soviet Army. Bayonet was on at all times, standard policy. In fact the MN91/30 was made specifically with having the bayonet always on in mind (if this hasn't been pointed out already somewhere, remember reading it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, we know this argument is pointless (I stated that way back in the beginning) but it also sucks that TWI took away our choice. What may have been tedious to you was wonderful for many others.

What should have been skipped is all the pointless perks, leveling, animations and coding, all that wasted time that went into all that BS instead of just focusing on the core game.

Just so you know, there are other factions in the game besides the Soviet army... :D

Upvote 0