• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI, please explain this...

i can't. i don't have an is2! :(

Is this IS-2 thing a running gag in this forum?

The IS-2 is crap.

His 100mm front turret armor is pretty easy penetratable by the standard 75mm L/43/46/48 tank guns and anti tank gun of the germans.

The 122mm gun is not able to penetrate the front upper hull armor of the Panther (under normal circumstances)

The 75mm gun of the Panther penetrates the same armor like the 122mm gun of the IS-2.

AND the Panther 75mm gun fires round about more than 3 times faster than the 122mm of the IS-2.

If the IS-2 would have an improved front turret armor like they did with the IS-3 it would be a mighty vehicle...
But then i would still prefer the King Tiger. King Tiger is immortal against the 122mm guns of IS-2/3 (at the front). But his 88mm L/71 penetrates more than the 122mm and has still a higher rate of fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The IS-2 is crap.

His 100mm front turret armor is pretty easy penetratable by the standard 75mm L/43/46/48 tank guns and anti tank gun of the germans.

The 122mm gun is not able to penetrate the front upper hull armor of the Panther.

The 75mm gun of the Panther penetrates the same armor like the 122mm gun of the IS-2.

AND the Panther 75mm gun fires round about more than 3 times faster than the 122mm of the IS-2.

If the IS-2 would have an improved front turret armor like they did with the IS-3 it would be a mighty vehicle...
But then i would still prefer the King Tiger. King Tiger is immortal against the 122mm guns of IS-2/3. But his 88mm L/71 penetrates more than the 122mm and has still a higher rate of fire.

you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

Reactions: Tak
Upvote 0

The IS-2 is crap.

The 122mm gun is not able to penetrate the front upper hull armor of the Panther (under normal circumstances)

But then i would still prefer the King Tiger. King Tiger is immortal against the 122mm guns of IS-2/3 (at the front). But his 88mm L/71 penetrates more than the 122mm and has still a higher rate of fire.

IS2 was grand and glorious. German biased propaganda claimed what you just said, actuall combat performance was that IS2 was deadly effective exept against the Kingtiger.

Upvote 0