• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI Ladder + Exploit Agent mutator

Ducky

Super Moderator
May 22, 2011
Netherlands
TWI Ladder + Exploit Agent mutator

I've been working for almost 3 months now on a mutator project which has as key feature the detection of ini exploits. This mutator was primary requested by ButchCassidy for the TWI Ladder, though there will also be a community version next to the ladder version. The community version will however have less features available.
The main goal of this mutator is to give server admins the means to level the playingfield when it comes to the ini settings. The name of the community version is ExploitAgent. The name of the TWI Ladder version is the TWILMut. The community version will be available over a restricted download. The TWI Ladder version will only be available for the TWI Ladder.

This is a list of key features:
  • Client side cvar scanning
    One or more profiles can be defined by the server admin. Such a profile consists out of a set of ini settings of which the admin can define the minimum and maximum allowed setting. In case a violated setting is detected, then a player can be kicked or (session-)banned.
  • Password protected profile locking
    Each profile can be locked by the server admin with a profile. This prevent that a profile can be altered by mistake.
  • Active violations overview
    The web-admin ui has a page in which all currently active violations are displayed per player. If a player get kicked or (session-)banned, then this can be found on this overview too.
  • Automatically start of demo recording at map start (and stop at map end)
    If this option is enabled, then the demo recoding will be started at round start and stopped at round end.
  • Disabled in-game console (only in TWIL version)
    This feature allows enabling/disabling of the in-game console. This prevents that the players can enter console commands that will give them an advantage over the other players. This will affect both the full console (~) and the single line console (F3).
  • Automatic team swap at round-end (only in TWIL version)
    If enabled, then players will swap to the other team at round ending. All the scores will move with the team.
  • Automatic score board saving (only in TWIL version)
    At match end the final score-board will be saved. It can then be recalled at any time on the web-admin ui. It is also possible to export a saved score board to a file (format compatible with for instance Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice Calc).
  • Logging to separate server file (only in community version)
    Default the mutator logs all violations to the standard server file. It is however possible to log the violations to separate log files. In that case they are logged to a separate folder (...\ROGame\ExploitAgent).

And here some screen-shots:

The general settings tab:
GeneralSettings.png

The profile manager tab:
ProfileManager.png

The score board tab:
ScoreBoard.png

Release date:
February 29 :p
We hope to be able to release it before end of March. However this also depends on the white-listing procedure.

Sources (community version):
SVN URL: svn://62.163.53.115/ExploitAgent/trunk
username: guest
password: welcome
Don't be too disappointed.

Special thanks to:
  • ButchCassidy for assigning this project to me
  • Mike Nomad and RGN for helping me out with testing the replication model
  • TWI (especially [TW]StragoMagus) for giving me the info needed for this mutator and for the requested NotifyRoundEnd hook
  • Everybody that did participate in the tests (and sory for the kicks on the first test session :D )

Last edited:
Will a booted player get a message of what is his violation? (community version) TWB*SlowBull

He will get a message that he got booted due to detected violations. Then in the log files on his PC he can find all detected violations. I tried to put the violations in the kick message too, but some players do have more than 10 weird ini settings and that didn't fit anymore ;)

Impressive. Why don't you have a [TW] by your name yet?

ie: Why haven't you been hired yet :p

Then I can white-list my own mutators :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Impressive. Why don't you have a [TW] by your name yet?

ie: Why haven't you been hired yet :p

You are joking,aren't you? If Ducky had been swallowed up by TWI we would'nt have half the mutators we have now,he's be sitting in a dark room somewhere working on RS.
Well done Ducky, another useful mutator by an independant modder responding to the community's needs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, we at TWIL would have no objection to the team swap part being implemented into the community version..If you ask Ducky nicely..lol..i'm sure he wiould look into it?

I don't mind adding that auto team swap, but then the mutator name (ExploitAgent) looks a bit odd. Any suggestions on an other name for the community version?

Upvote 0