• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI Ladder + Exploit Agent mutator

Originally Posted by nxsakb
Locking the console doesn't do you any good. All it does is limit the player in the server, which doesn't mean he didn't use commands before he entered. So ducky is right to leave this out of the public release.

Ok so if it does no good to players "in" the server a player can setup his/her "special" ini settings then join the server.

Answer this someone, can a setting(s) be "forced" on a player(s). Working with PB and trying to get things to work didnt work out as planned. PB can not read the game varibles. So can settings be forced on the player(s) BEFORE the match?.

Upvote 0
First of all, thanks for all the compliments :)

Second, the status of this mutator. As you all know the ladder beta has gone open. During the closed beta we got feedback and have updated the mutator accordingly. One of them was related to the auto team swap at round end feature. It was often unclear for the players that they were moved to the other side with as result players that missed the first spawn. This has been improved and this improvement is scheduled to be tested this Thursday. If the test has a positive outcome, then the community version will be prepared for the white-listing procedure and submitted to TWI. After that a copy of the community version can be requested by the server admins/clans, and they will receive an email with the required files (including manual) attached to it. There will not be a public download, simply to prevent that the mutator will end up anywhere.

For those that wonder if more features are added to the community version, yes we did.

Upvote 0
I would like the team swap feature on the community version.
--SNIP--

Swap would be a better alternative than playing the same team for two rounds. Now that I have played RO2 for many many hours, I am tired of playing more than one round per map. However, with team swaps, it would make the second round more fun.

The team swap feature is present in the community version too. At round end players will hear the "Switching sides" sound cue and a message will be shown to them. Next they swap sides and the role/weapon selection screen comes up. After that they wait for the spawn or the lobby comes up. That last part depends on how the admin did setup his server. Finally the next round starts.

We also did add a few other features to the community version of which we think that it could not block the white-listing. Features that could block the white-listing are left out from the community version. Those are features like no artillery and no aerial recon plane.

--SNIP--
I don't think it really needs to have a name change as admins are smart enough to know what features are in and if weeding out exploiters is the main feature, then why change the name.

I did keep the name as it is. Too lazy to change it :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really do hope server admins put this onto their public servers.
Its a fantastic admin tool and Ducky has put hundreds of hours into its development working with us at TWIL to test the huge array of features that have been built into it.
It will finally allow admins a chance to level the playing field for all the players on a server.
No more "how did he see me behind these bushes" or "how did he shoot me through this smoke" now you can scan every players settings and decide on the punishment for those players who edit their files to gain an advantage.
I know what type of server I want my players to play on if given a choice between allowing all the edited .ini's and exploits or preventing them so that player skill and team work become the deciding factor in playing RO2.

I will be adding this mutator to all the TWB servers just as soon as its white listed and I strongly recommend that all other community admins do the same.:D
Having a great reputation for running a good clean server is a must for admins and this tool is a massive step in that direction;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree with all that Butch said. I would feel so much better knowing I was owned by pure skill rather than some player's tricks/advantages. Additionally, I think it will be very interesting to see the mandatory side switching, as we all know, some players just will not (or can not?) play certain sides on some maps (you know who you are). It would/could add a whole new dimension to playing RO2. TWB*SlowBull

Upvote 0
The exploit checker is excellent. We ran all the initial tests on our custom maps server and continue to use it now even tho, it throws us into an unranked status. That's how GOOD it is and shows how much we treasure an even, level playing field for everyone.

Once its whitelisted, we will run it 24/7 on all of our servers.

Upvote 0
Some added features which are also present in the community version:
  • Disable Weapon Drop On Team Kill
    If on, then all inventory of the killed player will disappear in case he was killed by friendly fire (including suicide). The intention of this option is to prevent teal-killings to obtain better weapons.
  • Spawn Protection
    The spawn protection feature is there to give extra protection to players that recently spawned.
    attachment.php
    • Spawn Protection
      If on, then the mutators additional spawn protection feature is enabled. Each (re)spawning player will be protected for the duration of the Spawn Protection Time. During this time he can't be injured or killed. The spawn protection will drop as soon as the timer reaches zero, or when the player leaves his spawn zone.
    • Spawn Protection Time
      This is the total time (in seconds) that a player is protected.
    • Drop Spawn Protection On First Hit
      If on, then a spawn protected player will lose his spawn protection as soon as he injures or kills an other player.
    • No Injury On Hit From Spawn Protected Player
      If on, then a spawn protected player can not injure or kill an other player. This option works best if in combination with the above Drop Spawn Protection On First Hit option. In that case his first shot will not injure the target, though his spawn protection will drop due to his shot.
    • Trolling Punishment
      If on ad a player drops his grenade in spawn directly after (re)spawning, then the grenade will not injure or kill his team mates, but he himself will be injured or killed.

Attachments

• SpawnProtection.png
    SpawnProtection.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
    If on, then all inventory of the killed player will disappear in case he was killed by friendly fire (including suicide). The intention of this option is to prevent teal-killings to obtain better weapons.

Oh god yes, I've waited for something like this since the early Ostfront days. Makes playing as marksman so much better, knowing that some idiot can't kill you without consequence to live out his Enemy At the Gates fantatsy.

Upvote 0
  • Spawn Protection
    The spawn protection feature is there to give extra protection to players that recently spawned.

attachment.php
    • Spawn Protection
      If on, then the mutators additional spawn protection feature is enabled. Each (re)spawning player will be protected for the duration of the Spawn Protection Time. During this time he can't be injured or killed. The spawn protection will drop as soon as the timer reaches zero, or when the player leaves his spawn zone.
    • Spawn Protection Time
      This is the total time (in seconds) that a player is protected.
    • Drop Spawn Protection On First Hit
      If on, then a spawn protected player will lose his spawn protection as soon as he injures or kills an other player.
    • No Injury On Hit From Spawn Protected Player
      If on, then a spawn protected player can not injure or kill an other player. This option works best if in combination with the above Drop Spawn Protection On First Hit option. In that case his first shot will not injure the target, though his spawn protection will drop due to his shot.
    • Trolling Punishment
      If on ad a player drops his grenade in spawn directly after (re)spawning, then the grenade will not injure or kill his team mates, but he himself will be injured or killed.

Amazing job Ducky :)

Upvote 0