• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TWI Ladder + Exploit Agent mutator

Some great features :D

However as there is a feature for automatic demorec in the TWIL part of the mod makes me think we won't see client demorec from TWI for the launch of TWIL anytime soon :( (although that could just be me reading more into it)

It has been requested and we would love it to be available now but no doubt it will be eventually...;)

Upvote 0

Then I can white-list my own mutators :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Certainly we'll see a more responsive and timely issuance of whitelist permissions.
The community version is for exploit checking only. If a feature like the auto team swap at round end if wanted by the community, then I think it would best fit in the ServerEx mutator.
Unfortunately, the latest ServerEx Mutator is NOT whitelisted.. <sigh>
I don't mind adding that auto team swap, but then the mutator name (ExploitAgent) looks a bit odd. Any suggestions on an other name for the community version?
Keep the same name but include the auto team swap as an option for BOTH versions.

Upvote 0
--SNIP--
Unfortunately, the latest ServerEx Mutator is NOT whitelisted.. <sigh>
--SNIP--

Yes it is. My server stays ranked with the latest ServerEx version. I just tried it.

You should see this revision/build date in the server log files:
Code:
 ServerEx: ServerEx revision 27 (Build: 2012/11/21 21:33:51) by ~{W|L}~Ducky is active!!!
 ServerEx: Using MutatorEx revision 57 (Build: 2012/11/21 21:33:51) by ~{W|L}~Ducky.

If you see something else, then you don't have the latest version.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it is. My server stays ranked with the latest ServerEx version. I just tried it.

You should see this revision/build date in the server log files:
Code:
 ServerEx: ServerEx revision 27 (Build: 2012/11/21 21:33:51) by ~{W|L}~Ducky is active!!!
 ServerEx: Using MutatorEx revision 57 (Build: 2012/11/21 21:33:51) by ~{W|L}~Ducky.
If you see something else, then you don't have the latest version.

ODD I just uploaded the latest version.... 27

I'll test again.

upon further testing, it is fine - Whitelisted.

Who goes there - snuck in - its not whitelisted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its fair because both teams get to play a round from each side..Evens out the differences between weapons, spawns and tactics..

Does the destrutible area reloads after an auto switch side ?

If it do not, this is not a fair option because the both team will don't play in the same condition like on spartanoska with an high destructible detail and restart map is the best choice.

Upvote 0
Does the destrutible area reloads after an auto switch side ?

If it do not, this is not a fair option because the both team will don't play in the same condition like on spartanoska with an high destructible detail and restart map is the best choice.

The players will automatically return to the role/weapon selection screen directly after the teamswap. The loadout from which they can select will be the same as for the other team when they played at that side.

Upvote 0
The players will automatically return to the role/weapon selection screen directly after the teamswap. The loadout from which they can select will be the same as for the other team when they played at that side.

What he means is that often in some maps some objects stay into the next round.

Like blown up fences don't redeploy.
Smoke thrown from the previous round is still visible etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ducky,

Is there a reason why only the TWIL version let's you lock the console?

It would be nice if all server admins had the option to do this.

There are a lot of harmless commands too. Some of those are used daily by players. There are even players that do play with the 'show fps' constantly on. Locking the console will remove that for all and people will start to complain about that.

The very very first test of this mutator was on my own test server during the free weekend in December. That time the console was locked and players did complain and left the server.

Upvote 0
Ducky have these commands been made unavailable for competition?

"So, my teammate who had the SDK kit opened up the RO2 files and found the designations for said sound classes and we set about testing a few of them. I encourage all of you who are curious to go into RO2 some time and type the following:"

modifysoundclass weaponmortarincoming vol=0
modifysoundclass weaponexplosion vol=0
modifysoundclass ambient vol=0
modifysoundclass movieeffects vol=0
modifysoundclass stinger vol=0
modifysoundclass sfx vol= +/- (turn this up or down to hear it's effect)

Other available commands include:

characterself
characterfootstep
characterenemy
characterfoley

Upvote 0
Intercepting commands would require replacing one of the RO2 base classes (ROPlayerController). That will break all compatibility with any other mod or mutator. CTF for instance would not work anymore and I guess that RS would be broken too. For this reason those commands are not intercepted by this mutator.
An other problem would be that those commands are executed at client side. The server isn't aware when they are executed. This means that the mutator has to send those commands over to any connecting client. Commands are strings and are not replication friendly.

In the ladder version you simply won't be able to enter them, because of the locked console.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are a lot of harmless commands too. Some of those are used daily by players. There are even players that do play with the 'show fps' constantly on. Locking the console will remove that for all and people will start to complain about that.

The very very first test of this mutator was on my own test server during the free weekend in December. That time the console was locked and players did complain and left the server.

It would still be a nice option for all admins to have as a choice. One man's trash anothers man's treasure! :)

Btw, thanks for the hard work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Locking the console doesn't do you any good. All it does is limit the player in the server, which doesn't mean he didn't use commands before he entered. So ducky is right to leave this out of the public release.

If locking the console doesnt do any good then why is it locked in the TWIL version? Couldnt players use the same console sound "cheats" before joining a TWIL server?

Upvote 0