• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

TW go and buy IG Warlord

TW go and buy IG Warlord

• Yes

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

avp2501

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Lost in the land of Magic
Ok this is a little off topic but IG:Warlord is a great game, the retail version is on the quake 3 engine and the devs just haven't done any kind of updates for it.

It's pretty much dead even though the game hasn't been out that long.

TW go and have a LAN party with this and see what you think, if you like it then buy it off them and make a Remastered edition or even a IG:Warlord 2.

Use UE3 with stats tracking / achievements / improvements that you guys think would make it miles better and release it on steam.

I'd happily buy the remastered four pack if you guys gave it the old TW shine.

Hell it would be awesome if it had another gametype where you replace the guys for the ZEDS from KF.

EDIT: This is the game I'm talking about http://store.steampowered.com/app/31700/

Last edited:
IG:Oppression was a lot, lot better then Warlord. In Oppression one player was commanding ground troops to complete certain objectives (defend or destory mostly) and the other team was a ragtag milita trying to fulfill the exact opposite objectives. The catch? The Commander was also a player present in the map, so assasination was an option, sometimes the goal for militia.

Warlord was fsdgasf I don't even...

Upvote 0
But as always, it's easy to say "You should" when it isn't your money :p

If I had the money and the know how I would. Warlord looks crap in the looks department but once you get the idea of whats going on its actually pretty good. With a bunch of good ideas and a modern engine I think that warlord COULD be as good as KF.

Upvote 0
I remember this having a lot of potential. And wanting to play it badly, and when I did, it was an absolutely laggy piece of garbage. No idea how much its advanced since I never gave it another shot.
Same. The mod was really buggy but could be fun when it didn't lag to hell. I never tried the retail version but I would have loved to see it do well!

Upvote 0