• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tutorials for beginners

Delete the old U file before compiling, or it won't. AFAIK there's no "Brew", it will automagically compile it when opening the SDK (using the command line is better), however it does need to be listed in the ROGame.ini with all the other EditPackages=blahblahblah.

I also found this:

To create a mutator or gametype mod use the UE3 process (same as UDK, UT3)
1) Find RO2 in My Documents and place your .uc files in My Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Src\MyModName\Classes.
2) Add ModPackages=MyModName to [ModPackages] in ROEditor.ini
3) Run the game with ?Game=MyModName.MyGameType -useunpublished

When you get it working, please post your findings :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay here's what I was doing wrong:

I had
...\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Unpublished\Src\TestMutator\RSAxisPawn.uc
instead of
...\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Src\TestMutator\RSAxisPawn.uc

And I didn't do anything to the ini file.

Thanks for the tip, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have known I had to do something with ROEditor.ini at all!

EDIT: Geez, this is complicated as fack.

Alright, I have:

...\ROGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Script\TestMutator.u

ModPackages=TestMutator in ROEditor.ini

-useunpublished in launch options

What else is there? I can't seem to find any EditPackages in ROGame.ini. There are some in ROEngine.ini though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I couldn't find how to load a .u file by itself, but I did manage to hook it up to the SDK and add it to map. So I guess that works.

Tada!

93c398c568.png

Upvote 0
AHA, here's how you load a .u file by itself, courtesy of Ducky:

You can also add ?mutator=BotDetonator.BotDetonator to your command line.

How to configure the settings (for server admins):
Go to the ROGame\Config folder on your server
Open the ROBotDetonator.ini file with a text editor. Details of the properties can be found in the top of this post (see Configuration).
Make your changes and save the file
Restart your RO2 server
If you did it correctly, then BotDetonator.BotDetonator should be visible on the Current Game page of the web-admin tool.

Upvote 0