• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code [Tutorial] How to make custom player skins

Thanks, it works for when you spawn. The only problem I find here is that in the character select screen (profile), it still shows the default colours and not what is set in the species. Is there anyway to override this?

It's only possible in case of overriding function KFGUI.KFModelSelect.UpdateSpinnyDude . So in case of ServerPerks, you need to change implementation of function UpdateSpinnyDude in SRModelSelect to support changing not only skins[0] and skins[1].

Upvote 0
It's only possible in case of overriding function KFGUI.KFModelSelect.UpdateSpinnyDude . So in case of ServerPerks, you need to change implementation of function UpdateSpinnyDude in SRModelSelect to support changing not only skins[0] and skins[1].

Hmm, for me this may get a little awkward as I looked into the code for that function and it's based on the UT2004 code itself (which I never did back in the days) lol. I'll see about it tomorrow and report what I can and see if anyone is able to help.

Cheers for the help so far.

Upvote 0
No animations, but reference pose...

No animations, but reference pose...

First, thanks for the great tutorial! It'll help to achieve my goal to create and put some characters into KF.

It's easy as pie! But I have an issue. I have no animations on my character, whatever I do, it doesn't work.

OK, so first, I made a character model around the built in skeleton, I skinned it, I textured it. And I used the Stig mutator, I replaced that model. Later I used the Stig source code, edited it, recompiled, and it worked.

But now, I found server perks as a really good alternative way to put custom character into the game. I did everything as written and after a few fails (typos / wrong file name written into the script), it compiled the script and hallelujah, my model appeared in the character selection screen... in the reference pose... duh... No animations at all.

I tried to enter a default animation (as previously mention in this thread), I was confident about it's success, but no... it doesn't work.

In the preview window, I have a KillingFloor_v animation set from somewhere, actually, it has all the animation, and it plays perfectly. But I can't link it to my model. Also, if I manually enter animation name there, where I reopen the .ukx, that's forgotten. It looks like it overwrites the file when I save but something is still wrong.

So, right now, I am very confused. And out of ideas.

Upvote 0