• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art trouble getting 2 sided tex into map

Well I've done this before so I'm not sure why it isn't working now.

I an making a wire between two posts out of a plane in maya. Once I've got it sorted ion the model in maya with UVs etc, I imported it into the editor.

I then made the wire tex in photoshop ( 8 bit BMP, saved as p.pcx file). I imported that into the editor, removing the MipMaps check box, and applied it to the mesh. I then went into the properties for the texutre, and set it to 2-sided.

But no matter what I do it wont show up as two sided.

Heres a couple of screens to show what I mean.

Heres one side which shows the tex

this side of the mesh show the tex

and the other side that doesn't

Last edited:
thanks guys

The wires are two separate thin planes( for collision reasons), its not a masked texture on a single big plane. it may have something to do with the way I set the shading groups in maya- Im going to go back in- delete the offending faces, and groups and do the wire again.

By the way its a vineyard/winery- got to make the vines next.

And its an infantry map.:D

Upvote 0
thanks guys

The wires are two separate thin planes( for collision reasons), its not a masked texture on a single big plane. it may have something to do with the way I set the shading groups in maya- Im going to go back in- delete the offending faces, and groups and do the wire again.

By the way its a vineyard/winery- got to make the vines next.

And its an infantry map.:D

Try flipping the Normals on one of the Planes. probably facing the same direction as the other Plane.

Also, did you UVMap both Planes? If not, the UV's on the invisible Plane might simply be stretched to ridiculous amounts rendering the Texture invisible.

Upvote 0
well i fixed it

I remade the texture as a 32bit TGA and imported it as a masked texture. The alpha channel I made white so it displayed as an opaque texture. then when I imported it into UED (sorry- ROED :D) I turned off the mipmaps, and set its properties to masked and 2-sided in the texture browser. Seems a waste of CPU/GPU to have to have it as a masked textue to get it 2 sided. Last time i made a 2sided tex it needed to be masked as it was a tree texture. but the wire doesn't.

Upvote 0