• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Q & A - A return of the Tripwire Interactive Community Report and WWAUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hey everyone!

I'm looking to get a new video rolling in the coming weeks talking about everything Tripwire has been doing as well as some upcoming updates to various projects. As part of that, I want to answer some player questions about various things. To help me better get those answers prepped, I'm asking for the questions ahead of time so if need be, I can talk with other people to help flesh out the answers for you.

Now a few ground rules about how this will work out, especially starting out here:
    • I will be picking up to 10 questions (please post your question in this thread, or vote up with a thumb up some one else's question)
      • Please look through already posted questions before posting your own
    • Questions we have not answered before, or more rarely are likely going to be the ones I pick. So try and ask for new things
    • Open Topics:
      • Any of Tripwire's internal games past or present
      • Any of Tripwire's published games past or present
      • General, or even specific events around the games industry or other games (I may not be able to provide internal information but perhaps I can provide insight into why some things are happening or why a company has made a decision it has made)
    • Not Open (Not the right venue):
      • New game announcements or unannounced information about upcoming updates (That information lives in the land of marketing and the project leads, and it is up to them to decide when and how it will be announced)
    This list is not to be considered all encompassing and other items may be added to the list as time progresses.

Examples:

Q) Why does it take so long to fix any (or this specific) bug?
    Q) I've noticed other publishers/developers seem to be doing THIS, any insight into why?
    Q) For THIS system in Killing Floor, what was the thinking behind it?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Patros and utek
    RS2 Related question,
    1. Will we ever get a final update for rs2 (the big m113 update everyone was anticipating, fixing the deranked bug)
    2. if rs2's popularity picked up on epic (or any platform for that matter) would that warrant continued support? ( the ROK faction, or the mg34/m113 ACAV, there are many die hard fans that still play regularly that have been here since beta or before (like me)
    Best wishes and hope for RS2!!

Upvote 0
    KF2:
    1. Any plans to add more weekly modes? I've seen many cool ideas.
    2. How does a typical development cycle currently look like (for example for the current beta)? I imagine there have been some changes now that KF2 is on Epic as well and I remember reading a while ago that an external developer studio took over parts of the KF2 development. Oh.. and there is also the pandemic.

Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.