• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire "one of the modders who changed PC Gaming"

I don't even see how it qualifies as a mod though. It is a SINGLE map!

It may be a single map, but contained within that map is a slew of unique gameplay mechanics, entirely unique skills, a plethora of unique items and effects, and dozens of reskinned heroes with new skills meticulously balanced against one another....

The only similarities are....the models, the textures, some of the units, and the interface.

It might help if you actually played DOTA. I'm not a huge fan but I always recognized that it was an enormously successful map on an enormously successful custom content delivery platform.

I actually prefer Enfo's Hero Survival, but that's another issue.

Upvote 0
One thing that many gamers don't realize, is that RO was one of the first mods / games that helped popularize iron sights in first person shooters instead of just the traditional crosshairs. The only games and mods that I can think of that also had iron sights when RO first had them, are Operation Flashpoint, Infiltration mod for UT '99 and the first Call of Duty. RO also portrayed the Eastern Front, in a time where 99% of the WWII games and mods were about D-Day.

Upvote 0
Hello, just to say you are making a really good work :D
I really like to see more photorealistic and less painted textures in the new game.

Just bothering about UT3 weird glow effect:
bbb.jpg

I noticed you improved that glow effect, Unreal 3 engine glow effect is really bad by default I believe.

You are offering much more good things than I thought, like various gamestyles and very good online stuff :D

Upvote 0
Hello, just to say you are making a really good work :D
I really like to see more photorealistic and less painted textures in the new game.

Just bothering about UT3 weird glow effect:
bbb.jpg

I noticed you improved that glow effect, Unreal 3 engine glow effect is really bad by default I believe.

You are offering much more good things than I thought, like various gamestyles and very good online stuff :D

I'm not up to date with the U3 engine at all, so I don't really know about it's quirks. I've never been to Europe either, but here in Australia on a really bright and sunny day on walls that colour, you actually really do get a similar glow effect! haha :p I know the sunlight is different down here, but perhaps in Russia it produces similar effects? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
What you don't like in the map screenshot is called bloom
Yep you are right :) I never liked how that effect works in unreal engine. Sry I need to keep learning english so I can explain things better :p

Yep it's in reality but I think maybe is too exagerated or not working very well and makes textures looks weird.
I think bloom effect is working like that red cube (going outside the model itself) that's because I placed it as example.

Sry for my bad english again :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0